The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]1 second

Blueberries

Aside from maybe LA, I think we'd be able to compete with any of the west teams (Even if it as the underdog). Something the last few cup champs have had in common is that they got some lucky bounces and were able to stay healthy. If we can stay healthy and get some bounces, we have a decent chance.

I think it's highly unlikely we miss the playoffs. I doubt Phoenix, Minnesota, and Dallas all finish ahead of us.

I tend to agree with this. LA is our kryptonite, our opposite, they are the one team I really fear matching against in the playoffs. Anyone else ... we might not be favourites, but we have a legitimate chance. This was never our year to dominate, this was our year to weather the storm and roll the dice on luck and injuries. The biggest question mark is making the playoffs themselves, but the odds are still in our favour.

Honestly it'd do a lot of you some good to step away for a few games. So many of you can't see the forest for the trees. These last two games were the first I sat down and watched all the way through in almost 3 weeks after holiday traveling - they were unpredictable and anxiety inducing, but you know what, they were also entertaining and exciting.

Christ look at the first few pages of this thread. You're basically .gif rioting.

I tend to agree with this. LA is our kryptonite, our opposite, they are the one team I really fear matching against in the playoffs. Anyone else ... we might not be favourites, but we have a legitimate chance. This was never our year to dominate, this was our year to weather the storm and roll the dice on luck and injuries. The biggest question mark is making the playoffs themselves, but the odds are still in our favour.

Honestly it'd do a lot of you some good to step away for a few games. So many of you can't see the forest for the trees. These last two games were the first I sat down and watched all the way through in almost 3 weeks after holiday traveling - they were unpredictable and anxiety inducing, but you know what, they were also entertaining and exciting.

Christ look at the first few pages of this thread. You're basically .gif rioting.

Completely agree. We've matched up well against CHItown recently. Anaheim we've been decent against. St. Louis, I believe, we can match up against. LA/SJ only ones that scare me now. They know how to beat us.

Completely agree. We've matched up well against CHItown recently. Anaheim we've been decent against. St. Louis, I believe, we can match up against. LA/SJ only ones that scare me now. They know how to beat us.

I'd include Chicago also. I know we can beat them but they do scare us and know how to beat us. They have the players to do so despite the departure of Bolland. There's a reason why they have 2 cups in the last 4 years. Chi/LA/SJS/Bos are our kryptonite.

Rough game, but not without a few positives:

-Daniel and Henrik each came away with 3 points

-Santorelli looked really good in the first, and not just because he was with the Sedins

-PP found the net twice

-Lack is looking like the second coming of Schneider... well maybe not quite, but still absurdly solid considering his age and amount of experience

I'd include Chicago also. I know we can beat them but they do scare us and know how to beat us. They have the players to do so despite the departure of Bolland. There's a reason why they have 2 cups in the last 4 years. Chi/LA/SJS/Bos are our kryptonite.

I've never thought that the Hawks were our Kryptonite...I like the way the Canucks match up against them..Not so much against the heavier teams like LA/Boston

An OT loss to the top team in the NHL after playing LA less than 24 hours ago, plus all the injuries we have, and there's so many comments about blowing up the team? Way to overreact.

They have it in them to play better, and they will. We're still in a playoff spot, which is all we need.

Your logic has no power here #insert theoden.jpg

:picard:

Ducks win 4-3 in OT

Things I noticed:

• OUT SHOT BY A TON
  • Sestito All Star
  • #LACK4SOCHI
  • GARRISON CAUSES US A GAME
  • BIEKSA'S BUTT CAUSES US A GAME
  • 2 PP goals yeh....
  • How do u play so good in 1st and play horrible in 2nd and 3rd
  • Ducks deserved a win
  • Ducks killed us tonight
  • Kassian got injured
  • Richardson fought

"MG your team has sucked last 3 games what ups?"

Mike-Gillis-boschpng-1lw2807.jpg

"It's A Process"

Can you explain the phrase (which you repeat) "causes us the game" please?

Cost? Causes us to lose? Umm ...

This team just keep blowing leads... How many times we give up late goals.. Quite a few that I can't even remember..

Almost often enough to think back to the good ole days ... 2-4 yrs ago when they NEVER blew leads. Was it 10-11 they were like 28-0-2 or some asinine number with a lead after ONE PERIOD...

Oh Torts...

had the nux managed to hang on to close out the 3rd period with the win....conversation around here would be much different.

We may have pulled it out with Lack standing on his head and a lot of missed chances by the Ducks...Not a chance we pull out 4 in a playoff series against on of these teams based on the play, LA, Ana, SJ, Chi, STL....The ducks were running circles around us in the 3rd and seriously looked like they had a 20 min pp

Woe to thee oh earth and sea....

Just not a team that is elite right now. Several downgrades and no new talent... Lots of injuries. GM can't gauge talent... But still a good core, should make the playoffs.

If suddenly everything clicks u beer know. If the Sedins can play like they did at the start of this year, this is a different team. With them at 3/4 we dot get anywhere. And Kesler would need to be more consistent - aka we would actually have star players on this team...

Wow reading some of these comments hurt my brain, I remember earlier this season when Garrison was playing awesome and people on CDC were drooling over him and even suggesting Norris and now they want him traded cause he's in a bad slump? Holy bipolar bandwagon batman

Edler sucks, Garrison sucks, Tanev sucks, Bieksa sucks, Salo sucked, Ohlund sucked, Jovonoski sucked….

this board can't figure out a defenseman can't sot every play and a goalie can't stop every shot.

We have good 2nd pairing defense - 5 of them. But no real #1 star that u put out in the last minute of play to protect a lead. And it shows.

But the dmen we have are good quality. Just not stars.

And right now we have no stars on offence - sedins and Kesler aren't playing like stars, they are disappearing

We have good 2nd pairing defense - 5 of them. But no real #1 star that u put out in the last minute of play to protect a lead. And it shows.

And right now we have no stars on offence - sedins and Kesler aren't playing like stars, they are disappearing

If you think "good quality" = mediocrity then I agree.

Seems everyone we have makes mistakes - every game. That's a lot of mistakes that lead to scoring chances or just goals against.

If you think "good quality" = mediocrity then I agree.

Seems everyone we have makes mistakes - every game. That's a lot of mistakes that lead to scoring chances or just goals against.

They are good quality when they play 20 minutes a game. They gets mediocre when they play above 22 minutes. That is where a lack of a true #1 hurt us. These guys can't play that much and be mistakes free, that is where an elite defenseman rise above the others in those crucial extra minutes they still plays 110%.

sedins were in on every goal last night and kesler scored as well. 3 points each for the twins. the twins and kesler arent the problem the problem is line 3 and 4

Archived