The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Stuff that People who call in to TEAM 1040 say

Where's Wellwood

Now, some of the complaints are warranted. Signing the Sedins on the decline to those contracts doesn't look good. Trading Hodgson, who was finally producing when we didn't have any offensive centres in the pipeline, for Kassian in order to emulate Boston was a bad idea. The Pahlsson and Roy rentals were horrible but it seems like Gillis had learned his lesson there.

Anyways, discuss.

Finally someone who agrees about the sedins. We jumped to early to sign them, should've waited till the deadline. Hodgson should've never been traded, not its come to bite us. Thought paulsson was ok, but roy, wtf. Hope gillis learned his lesson bout rentals. And he needs to go, he ruined what we had by not adding instead of subtracting after the cup loss.

Obviously, you expect negativity and anger and frustration after a BAD loss but some people just don't know what they're talking about. Like the guy who complained that Gillis let Erhroff and Torres go. Hello! We're getting penalized too much already, and you want Torres back? I'm not saying Torres always played dirty, but he is one of the League's marked players. I'm afraid that Kassian is becoming marked too with his misconducts for talking. And Ehrhoff if playing as bad as Edler/Garrison and his contract is even worse. Plus, complaining about the Grabner/Ballard trade. People forget that Gillis made that trade before we signed Hamhuis. At the time we needed D and we had Offense to spare with a younger/better Sedins/Kes/Burr/etc. In hindsight, with the emergence of Tanev, Corrado, and pick up of Stanton, would we rather have Grabner than have had Ballard not do much for 3 years? Of course. But hindsight is 20/20.

Now, some of the complaints are warranted. Signing the Sedins on the decline to those contracts doesn't look good. Trading Hodgson, who was finally producing when we didn't have any offensive centres in the pipeline, for Kassian in order to emulate Boston was a bad idea. The Pahlsson and Roy rentals were horrible but it seems like Gillis had learned his lesson there.

Anyways, discuss.

I couldn't care less what people think or say on Team1040. Some fans are great, others aren't. Some fans are saints, others are murderers. Some fans know the game intimately, others only know the names on the jerseys. Are they any more or less of fans? Do fans have to meet a criteria? Just let people have their opinions. I just don't understand why anyone cares what another fan thinks. Why do you care?

MG drafted lack and Tanev? He's so good he did it without anyone noticing? Talk about under the radar

You will note I edited my post to say "find". You can't draft that well when you are always picking in the last few of the draft for three or four years. So he went out and found a few good players. Is that wrong? The good thing is Gillis found them and they both have turned out to be gems. Why didn't another GM get them I suppose you can be critical with anything you wish Stawns. The problem is you have to have a valid point.

Finally someone who agrees about the sedins. We jumped to early to sign them, should've waited till the deadline. Hodgson should've never been traded, not its come to bite us. Thought paulsson was ok, but roy, wtf. Hope gillis learned his lesson bout rentals. And he needs to go, he ruined what we had by not adding instead of subtracting after the cup loss.

Hodgson's stumpy legs will ensure he is never a superstar. I doubt Kassian will be either.

People listen to the Team 1040?

Only time I actually listen to Team 1040 is during a game broadcast and if I'm still in the car after the game is over, I like listening to their opinions after the game. Or, if I'm coming home after leaving Rogers Arena, I like listening to them because they make good opinionated discussion topics

They are in the NHL though. Are you a superstar where you work?

MEGASTAR!!!!!! In all seriousness, I am the hardest worker where I work. I loathe laziness at work, especially when it affects me. When I threaten to leave, I get a raise. You asked....

Archived