The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CGY - 1/18/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

This probably sounds bad but I hope Henrik is out long term so Schroeder can come in and take over 2C. I want him to prove his worth.

Probably?How is he proving his worth backing into a slot only made available as a result of an injury to the team captain? More reliable proof would involve lighting up the AHL and earning a spot on any line then outperforming a rostered player.

If you're not 100% don't play. That should be the message to all the injured. Come back when ready. Obviously we could use all the questionable players in (specifically Henrik) but I'd rather wait for Henrik to be 100%…don't push it.

We just need to win. Just one win could do wonders for the team, get their confidence up and maybe they will get on a roll? One period, one shift at a time. Just outplay them and we should be fine :)

Its not about being 100 percent though, there are two questions you need to ask yourself. One: is a 75 percent Henrik (or whatever percent he is) more effective than a 100 percent ______ (person who will take his place). Two: is his injury something that can easily be made worse with contact? Or is it just painful and inconvenient but mostly isolated from farther injury? If the answers to those questions are YES and NO, then he will and should play.

Henrik will be good to go tonight. Good enough anyway. Man, Henrik on a steep decline and not being 100% either...

Just imagine if he couldn't play? Kesler, Richardson, Dalpe? .... who else? Man, that is some scary sh1t.

If that did happen.... when it rains, it pours.

Which is why the Canucks are rumored to be after a center.

At least Schroeder is getting close. We need another center that can dish the puck.

Henrik will be good to go tonight. Good enough anyway. Man, Henrik on a steep decline and not being 100% either...

Just imagine if he couldn't play? Kesler, Richardson, Dalpe? .... who else? Man, that is some scary sh1t.

If that did happen.... when it rains, it pours.

A steep decline for just being under a PPG? Does he need to score or get points every single game? all this decline/past their prime bs its called a slump...never saw any of this during the start of the season when the twins put up a lot of points or December when we were on a great streak...Some people just want to complain sheesh

So Burrows is back in tonight with full-facial protection ? Feel sorry for him, I had to wear one for a couple of games after I wobbled a couple of chic-lets and I hated it. No finger foods for him tonight I guess ! Looking forward to seeing how Lain stacks up against NHL players as well.

This probably sounds bad but I hope Henrik is out long term so Schroeder can come in and take over 2C. I want him to prove his worth.

I think 2C is the only way he's ever going to have a future with this team IMO, but it's not going to take Henrik going down, it's going to take moving Kesler to his wing which is what I think Torts wants to do.

EXTREMELY lofty expectations of a player who has only played 34 games in his career.

Also without Henrik long term we are a sure-fire lottery team XD.

Let's face it..Schroeders not going to set the league on fire,but the Canucks(who are literally starving for any offence) could use him right about now.

I dunno, he's an Olympian now. How many minutes do the rest of Canada's blue line average? Serious question, I have no idea, but gotta imagine its up there. He's a great skater, and a great D-man, getting played like one shouldn't have such a rough effect. He's been pretty bad for much of the season. It's almost to the point where Tanev is babysitting him, like he did with Bieksa. Gotta step it up.

Steve Yzerman, Mike Babcock and team have a very different view than you

and umm

Sorry they know alot more about hockey in their pinky than you will ever know....

Fail

Probably?How is he proving his worth backing into a slot only made available as a result of an injury to the team captain? More reliable proof would involve lighting up the AHL and earning a spot on any line then outperforming a rostered player.

I think coming in and fitting in seamlessly in an offensive role would more than prove his worth.

So Burrows is back in tonight with full-facial protection ? Feel sorry for him, I had to wear one for a couple of games after I wobbled a couple of chic-lets and I hated it. No finger foods for him tonight I guess ! Looking forward to seeing how Lain stacks up against NHL players as well.

I think 2C is the only way he's ever going to have a future with this team IMO, but it's not going to take Henrik going down, it's going to take moving Kesler to his wing which is what I think Torts wants to do.

Man! Imagine, just for one second that Schroeder was a legit 2nd liner.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins Schroeder Burrows

Booth Santorelli Kassian

Sestito Richardson Hansen

If Booth held up and kept playing the way he is

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Schroeder (WCEish)

Higgins Santorelli Kassian

Sestito Richardson Hansen

That is a contenders team.

1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

giphy.gif