The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CGY - 1/18/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

Man! Imagine, just for one second that Schroeder was a legit 2nd liner.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins Schroeder Burrows

Booth Santorelli Kassian

Sestito Richardson Hansen

If Booth held up and kept playing the way he is

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Schroeder (WCEish)

Higgins Santorelli Kassian

Sestito Richardson Hansen

That is a contenders team.

If you asked me a year ago if Schroeder could be a legitimate second liner someday I would have said no chance. However, it looked like he had made some real progress this pre-season and I think he's exactly the type of guy who could flourish under a coach like Torts who dishes out positive re-enforcement when a player has earned it.

A steep decline for just being under a PPG? Does he need to score or get points every single game? all this decline/past their prime bs its called a slump...never saw any of this during the start of the season when the twins put up a lot of points or December when we were on a great streak...Some people just want to complain sheesh

Just under? Man, he's on pace for 66 points, hasn't scored in 14 games -- over a month now.

Please tell me which "stars" in this league slump so hard that a fourth line thug (Sestito) has more goals in the last dozen games. Because ..... Sestito got more goals than both of them in the past dozen.

I love the Sedins and everything they've done for us but that doesn't mean we have to feline foot around everything and cannot be critical of them..

If Hank needs to heal I wish he would take the time and do so. He looks wounded and exhausted out there. I know he wants to play every game but it doesn't help the team short-term or long-term if he keep splaying with injuries and then isn't 100% down the stretch.

Calgary lacks pure talent but they play hard and smell blood.

With our injuries and fragile mentality, this could be another grinder that could go either way.

Looking forward to seeing if Booth can keep playing hard and be rewarded and to see Lain's debut.

7-2 Canucks. Statement game.

D. Sedin x2

Higgins x2

Hamhuis

Richardson

Kesler

Brodie

Glencross

That would be nice.

I'm pretty sure beating the third worst team in the NHL that is -46 in goal differential is not a statement.

If the Flames win big, now that's a statement none of us want made.

Just under? Man, he's on pace for 66 points, hasn't scored in 14 games -- over a month now.

Please tell me which "stars" in this league slump so hard that a fourth line thug (Sestito) has more goals in the last dozen games. Because ..... Sestito got more goals than both of them in the past dozen.

I love the Sedins and everything they've done for us but that doesn't mean we have to feline foot around everything and cannot be critical of them..

I dident know it was February already...Last I checked it was January...Where has the time gone

Last I checked they both got assists on the 10th vs the Blues

No their not immune to criticism but without them also playing more defensive hockey this season as well cant expect them to put 90+ points up...If you even bothered to look you would know that Kesler is MIA on points also so why only target them? If the twins really were as invisible as you say we would be at Edmonton's level in the standings not on the bubble playoff team

Calgary lacks pure talent but they play hard and smell blood.

With our injuries and fragile mentality, this could be another grinder that could go either way.

Looking forward to seeing if Booth can keep playing hard and be rewarded and to see Lain's debut.

Exactly....Calgary suck, no chance of the playoffs. Not much to play for and its only the middle of January. They will be up for a game against struggling Canucks. The Canucks treat this like a breather after a bad trip.......toast

Probably?How is he proving his worth backing into a slot only made available as a result of an injury to the team captain? More reliable proof would involve lighting up the AHL and earning a spot on any line then outperforming a rostered player.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way anymore.

Thanks, you saved me from having to make that post. The Sedins' offensive production is basically in freefall.

Man! Imagine, just for one second that Schroeder was a legit 2nd liner.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

____ Schroeder Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Booth Richardson Kassian

That is a contenders team.

Made a couple of adjustments as to what I think would warrant us being considered as a legitimate Cup contender league wide.

First line, I don't think Kesler knows how to read the Sedin's as well as Burrows, and for that reason alone I would keep Burr there.

Second line, I agree with Torts that Kesler would do better as a winger, but that's under the assumption that a suitable playmaking center takes his spot. Schroeder is that center, but I don't think Higgins is the right winger.

Third line. What can I say, a picture perfect third line in my books. High energy and brings top end third line talent at both ends.

Fourth line. Crash. Boom. Bang.

EDIT: Of course this is also under the assumption that everyone is playing to their top potential, because quite frankly everyone has looked terrible over the recent stretch.

Archived