The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Province Article - is Daniel Sedin Done...

cabinessence

Fun Fact: It's easier to score when your playing with better teammates.

People are so quick to jump on the sedins when they play well internationally :picard:

Even though Daniel and Edler are on better teams but at the same time they are also playing better opponents.

Regardless what kind of team you have, you still gotta perform to get noticed.

Glen Healy was douche-trolling as usual, asking if they're celebrating in the streets of Vancouver because Daniel has scored a goal.

The guy really helps the CBC raise the bar on broadcasting standards.

I am embarassed Healy plays the bagpipes, and claims Scottish ancestry .. I wonder if they would fit if someone attemped to insert them? .. he is an obnoxious troll

Interesting article from The Province on Daniel being done as a scorer.

http://www.theprovin...1985/story.html

Look at other Canuck scorers who have dried up offensively:

Andre Boudrias

Dennis Ververgaert

Markus Naslund (was on the decline at 32)

Stan Smyl

Trevor Linden

Ron Sedlbauer

ThomasGradin

Greg Adams

Geoff Courtnall (he did all right past 32)

Russ Courtnall (major decline at 31)

Greg Adams (did all right but declined in early 30s)

Petri Skriko

Barry Pederson

TonyTanti

Alexander Mogilny did ok for a season in Toronto.

Why are you shocked Daniel would be an anomaly?

Cue a major bass solo!!!!!

Among the list, only Mogilny and Naslund can be said to have equal or greater skill than Daniel Sedin. And if you look at Mogilny, he was injured quite a lot, which led to his decline and same goes for Markus after Moore injured him with his vicious elbow.

What I noticed from Daniel's play is that he does not get into good shooting areas (for example to the middle of the ice/slot) much anymore perhaps subconsciously afraid of a hard hit that may result in yet another concussion.

Loui has bin hit on the noggin too many times, too risky to acquire after lookin at what's happened to Danny.

For the right price, it's worth a shot. Someone of his skill level would definitely help to revive Danny's play as well just like this olympics.

Fun Fact: It's easier to score when your playing with better teammates.

People are so quick to jump on the sedins when they play well internationally :picard:

Is not just that he's producing more. He's actually engaged - whereas he was far from it for the last month.

And it's not like he's only producing TWICE as much, or even THREE TIMES as much... It's worlds apart.

Is not just that he's producing more. He's actually engaged - whereas he was far from it for the last month.

And it's not like he's only producing TWICE as much, or even THREE TIMES as much... It's worlds apart.

We have to understand that Europeans get more hyped up for olympic hockey than north american playoff hockey. It is what it is, and this is why many feel that we should have a north american captain.

You can hate on me if you want, but it's simple as that and it's not rocket science!

On the Sedins it will never happen, but it would be magic to watch them play with a guy like Jagr whose game truly compliments them to the fullest.

They would be so hard to contain down low. Jagr would be able to be a play maker and finisher on that line and would ignite the dormant power play.

Yes it's too bad the year Jagr came back from the KHL he didn't sign here. That would have had some sick shifts to watch.

Brutal give-away on the Kunitz goal.....Daniel looked pretty "done" all game.

Still .... the Canucks come home with two Gold medals and two Silver! Not bad!

The entire Swedish team was done. Aside from like 2 or 3 shifts the Swedes had absolutely nothing. Edler played decent that was good to see though.

Watching Daniel play pre-olympic was so frustrating....the guy refuses to go to the front of the net....he would pass off down to Herink behind the net and then just stay on the boards or go to the blue line....when Daniel is on top of his game he is darting in and out of the slot and then uses the accurate shot to score after Henrik gives him the perfect pass.

If you watch his lone goal from the olympics you will notice he goes to the wall but then circles back around to the net and score form a good pass from Erickson or Backstrom.

Hope he continues to do that after is gets back. I don't know what it is, whether he is injured or just physically drained but he doesn't look the same.

When someone just stays to the perimeter you can tell they don't have the energy to fit for those good positions.

Watching Daniel play pre-olympic was so frustrating....the guy refuses to go to the front of the net....he would pass off down to Herink behind the net and then just stay on the boards or go to the blue line....when Daniel is on top of his game he is darting in and out of the slot and then uses the accurate shot to score after Henrik gives him the perfect pass.

If you watch his lone goal from the olympics you will notice he goes to the wall but then circles back around to the net and score form a good pass from Erickson or Backstrom.

Hope he continues to do that after is gets back. I don't know what it is, whether he is injured or just physically drained but he doesn't look the same.

When someone just stays to the perimeter you can tell they don't have the energy to fit for those good positions.

I agree. Something's up. I was hoping the Olympics would create some spark in him. With the pressure of his scoring slump and the Canucks losing streak away for awhile, it woulda been nice to see something. Kinda like what Demitra (R.I.P) did before when he was doing nothing for the Canucks but played great in the Olympics. But that never happened. In fact Daniel looked slow and confused in the gold medal game and was no threat what so ever.

Very good read on Daniel's scoring problems and the stats surrounding his play the last couple of years.

Interesting it doesn't necessarily blame the Keith elbow, but it doesn't rule it out either.

I'm sure glad Mike Gillis rushed to give him a 4 year 28 million deal before the season started, given the statistics showing he's fallen off the map go back two years.

http://www.theglobea...rticle17107221/

The statistical analysis comparing him to past and present NHL'ers shows just how drastic Daniels' decline has been. You can read it here (as a spreadsheet):

http://www.theglobea...pct-change.xlsx

His goal scoring #'s have been cut in half since that game, ****** drastic is right. He drags Henrik down with him now because he's no longer a good trigger man and Hank really only shoots when they are separated. It's just a useless cycle now in the corner until one of em eventually gets knocked down and/or stripped of the puck. The goalie can just lean against his post, watch, and have a water break.

Archived