The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Chicago Blackhawks vs Vancouver Canucks - Jan 29, 2014

canucktican

Watch Canucks 4th line tonight they'll be selling 50/50 tickets and giving away tshirts.

They wouldn't if they were on Chicago.

Weise Tito and whoever the revolving 4th player would be on that line would get ice time on most other teams with more competent coaching.

They've earned ice time and haven't been handed any. Especially the beauty weise... Instead he got benched for a game.

I don't expect a close game because we aren't the same team that were up there with Chicago, we fell down while Chicago got better.

4-0 Blackhawks

Sharp x2

Kane

Oduya

We've out played them in all meetings this year and last year. Chicago can't handle us.

Their captain knows Roberto is the best goalie in the world and as does the rest of their team. They can't handle the canucks even without captain hank.

This is what I live for as a Canucks fan.

Good luck Hawks... you're gonna need it.

Someone get me a bandaid I'm bleeding blue.

We've out played them in all meetings this year and last year. Chicago can't handle us.

Their captain knows Roberto is the best goalie in the world and as does the rest of their team. They can't handle the canucks even without captain hank.

This is what I live for as a Canucks fan.

Good luck Hawks... you're gonna need it.

Someone get me a bandaid I'm bleeding blue.

Quotes like this just make me smile :)

should put a blue bandaid on it :blush: I have a cupboard full, let me send one.

Both teams should be up for this one..Unlike Monday when the Canucks thought they could mail it in against the Oilers..I predict a fairly close game,both teams trying to bust out of their funks..I thought Schroeder had some good chemistry with Kass,so I'm kind of surprised he's on the Sedin line(which is known for a lot of puck cycling)

I hate to admit it.

I love watching the Hawks play. How many players do they have that push the puck to carry it up ice instead of the old dump and chase? Not only many players that can push the play, players with a mandate from their coach, (Quenneville) to gain the zone! I watched a clip on (NBC I think?) tv at a Hawk practice and quoting the coaches philosophy. Even the secondary players were put through their paces challenging them to navigate traffic, make plays and carry it wherever possible. It's a whole different mindset direct from the coach, every one of my players can beat you with the puck!

And look at what being challenged to play with skills, at speed, does for their development as opposed to beating your PF prospect every time he does not make the safe play? Thanx AV!

Anywhoo. I'm still a Canucks fan! Won't be predicting no opposing team blowouts, admiration for play or not.

Cloggin the middle can still slow down a good team?

Canucks 2-1! :frantic:

Go Canucks Go! :towel:

2 Cups over the past 4 years versus 0 Cups has nothing to do with tonight's game. The Blackhawks are playing some terrible hockey right now, the only line that is showing any life is the 4th.

I've watched both teams a lot this season. Right now neither one is playing well, but Vancouver is playing better. If Chicago gets their act together they could walk all over Vancouver, but I don't see any signs of that happening.

Did you change your Identity pic just for this game?

After reading this thread http://forum.canucks.com/topic/356340-province-article-is-daniel-sedin-done/page__st__90

I hope you don't mind me taking some relief in a Hawks fan being a bit down?

‏@SNETPacific

#Canucks Roberto Luongo: 4-1-1, 1.64 GAA, .953 SV% in last 6 starts vs #Blackhawks

Would be much better had they not played Cory twice last year.

.953 is what you would expect from the best goalie in the world against the best team in the NHL

Hoping like everyone who's in this lineup steps up and we win tonight but not having Santo, Sedin and Tanev not playing our depth isn't good especially seeing we're already short a scoring forward.

Missing our best defenseman in our zone and Luongo looking shaky the last couple games not thinking too positive about this one but who knows maybe we can pull it off.

Hopefully an emotional game against the hated Blackhawks can spark this team and get them back to putting their best effort forward and being competitive again. I expect a statement game from Luongo, who has really shown up recently when facing the hawks.

I predict a 2-1 Canucks win in OT.

Schroeder with a goal and an assist and Burrows slays his personal dragon with the OT goal. Luongo stands on his head to put us in that position.

some of the crap coming out of so called " fans " is PATHETIC ! How about getting behind your team when they are down instead of driving them further into the ground.How can any of the players have any confidence when everywhere they look someone is talking sh*t ?

Edit: I hope Duncan Keith has his head removed !!! Lying little weasel !

some of the crap coming out of so called " fans " is PATHETIC ! How about getting behind your team when they are down instead of driving them further into the ground.How can any of the players have any confidence when everywhere they look someone is talking sh*t ?

Edit: I hope Duncan Keith has his head removed !!! Lying little weasel !

This.

I can't believe people don't have faith. This team has shown for years how they can come out and pummel a major rival. Whether it be these ***** *** hawks, bruins, blues, wings, etc.

They'll come out and compete. As long as Devorski isn't officiating this game, then we got a chance.

No 7 minutes 5 on 3s plz!

Archived