The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players have Quit on Each Other

NucksCup2015

I agree, that's true, but how, in that sense does it relate to what Tawinicanuck had said. All she had stated was that she thinks you are a bandwagon jumper, not that you can't say your opinions. I see some classic transference here, since you are basically condemning what she is saying.

The hypocrisy comment about yourself earlier totally fits. I mean, at this point who could take anything you said as credible when you personally stated that.

All I see when you call out someone from Taiwan (who should know a thing or two about suppressed free speech) a danger or threat to our free speech when all they said was their opinion about you is a bully. You remind me of fox news with your self serving examples, while ignoring the fact you were doing the exact same thing. Forget the team, I think you're just an ass.

Your input is pointless. Again a person reacting to peaked sensitivities. And calling someone a name? How old are you?

You're another prime example of someone utilizing the anonymity of message boards to label and insult vs. actually discussing something. Would you be so quick to do so in person?

Your input is pointless. Again a person reacting to peaked sensitivities. And calling someone a name? How old are you?

You're another prime example of someone utilizing the anonymity of message boards to label and insult vs. actually discussing something. Would you be so quick to do so in person?

Nice. Sums you up in a nutshell. Grow up.

Maybe I dont remember correctly, but it seems to me that this team lost it's swagger or mojo, or whatever you want to call it after winning that game in Boston just over 2 years ago. It was like the team felt they had redeemed themselves for the SCF debacle and they could just relax from then on and watch the big paychecks roll in.

I could be totally wrong but I dont think anyone could argue with the team's results since then. Goals have been very hard to come by, when we win games our goalie usually has to be good at the very least.

The Canucks have scored a grand total of 16 goals in 9 playoff games over the past 2 years.

The core of this team has talked a great game very often, but very often they haven't shown it on the ice. What I find discouraging is that the problems they're having today aren't really new, they're just worsening every season. Pardon the example, but it's like the Canucks as a team have some form of cancer and are refusing treatment for it, and we as fans have to stand by and watch them deteriorate.

Whether or not the guys have quit on eachother is hard to say. From game to game it does seem like a different couple or few players have just plain quit altogether.

Spoken from a fan that appears to have been trying to reason why the team has made a sudden turn even though the core players are the same and changes have been made.

Truthfully, I have thought about that Boston game in the same way and have tried to rationalize if in fact it was the start of a turning point in their game. Their play right now really has me stumped. I cannot understand the Kessler, Sedins and Burrows scoring slumps. IMHO age is not the factor with the Sedins as some suggest. I don't see the effort or puck possession in their cycle any more. The fight along the wall is lacking and the physicality of the entire team has been lost somewhere.

Is it the Torts system? Has his determination to make every player personally responsible with or without the puck hindered the natural offensice play of our players and subsequently stagnated our offense? Is using the Sedins in every situation the right thing to so or should they just be focused on offense like they were in the AV era? Are other teams using their natural scorers in the same manner? Is Hamhuis, Tanev and Bieksa being played out? There are certainly many errors being committed out their by D men that usually play a very sound game.

It is my opinion our coaching staff are of high level caliber yet listening to the recent post game interviews with Sullivan, it is obvious they are just as perplexed about the team's recent woes. They have even gone as far as to interview individual players and ask what will help.

IMVHO their poor play is not about injuries,aging or not having the potential and ability to play. It is all about getting back to the basics of playing hockey, keeping it simple and get back to feeling better about themselves. They have lost team/self confidence, their morale is low and their play is undisciplined and at times appears on the cusp of panic. They have lost their intensity and need to find that dial and turn it up to high and relocate the physicality of their game. They need find each other again and refrain from playing individually and get back to the team concept.

Have they given up? No, each one of them are too proud to give up however, they are lost and desperately need to find themselves and their old identity and that will take individual effort on everyones part. This is a psychological dilemma they are in.

If canucks win tomorrow against a tired wings team we are 1 point behind the kings with 25 games to go in the season. I can't believe how many people have giving up on this team already.

Exactly. We could still end up in one of the 3 top spots, or out of a wildcard spot. It's not the time to give up, it's the time to push.

Go, Canucks, GO!

If canucks win tomorrow against a tired wings team we are 1 point behind the kings with 25 games to go in the season. I can't believe how many people have giving up on this team already.

Is it giving up or a concern on the part of most that if they make the playoffs the play intensity and physical aspect of the their game will not be there.

The playoffs are like a new season. A new challenge and will they be able to meet that grueling challenge is the question?

Where in my post did i say that ? You are blinded by the hate in this thread dude go for that soda ....

you re making ever excuse in the book for the group kid

1. you said they need more time to evaluate the core? really? 2 first round exits with no effort, constant mistakes, goalies the only one's holding in it and now this and they need more time? what are you blind and stupid?

2. hate? no some of us are just objective and not blinded by man crushes

you re making ever excuse in the book for the group kid

1. you said they need more time to evaluate the core? really? 2 first round exits with no effort, constant mistakes, goalies the only one's holding in it and now this and they need more time? what are you blind and stupid?

2. hate? no some of us are just objective and not blinded by man crushes

Kid ? lol. Yes they need more time to evaluate the current core and what pieces will stay , not rocket science dickhead. You are nothing but a troll trying to stir the pot. Now GTFO and go to the fLAMES forum where tripe like this is gobbled up daily. No secret i like my team and follow them through the tough times. Yes there is major room for improvement, but whining like a 2 year old will not change anything.

Exactly. We could still end up in one of the 3 top spots, or out of a wildcard spot. It's not the time to give up, it's the time to push.

Go, Canucks, GO!

Correct. Last off season all everyone was wishing for (except AV gone) was play off hockey with a bit more fight...

They say a team should not get too high or too low?

We got too high, and put it ALL on the line in the comeback game against LA. We were determined both to prove we would play for each other and that we could compete. We got an emotional victory but lost.

So we carried the adrenaline boost into the Anaheim game, continued to fight but got our arses handed to us and both Sestito and Hansen took those seven minute penalties. But it became the letdown we have not recovered from!

Calgary then came out an line brawled us. It sent our heads spinning! We're still spinning, and now playing on a low, bummed out and not getting it done! It was dangerous putting so much emotion into that LA game!

2 years ago we had such an adrenaline lift when we played the game against Boston, in Boston. The comeback game to the finals. We answered the bell the same way. The huge Horton / Weise fight, CoHo slap shot. But we never got back to that high again and were dropped in the first round.

In reality we have been a bit of an emotional wreck since the SCF.

Maybe some change would be a good thing?

Archived