The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade Proposal] Vancouver and Chicago

I'm a huge fan of Morin, I gotta say this is a underpayment by the Canucks to be honest. Morin is ready to be released to the world when Blackhawks free up some roster spots for him next year. His 5 points in 15 games this year is just the tip of the iceberg....

I'm a huge fan of Morin, I gotta say this is a underpayment by the Canucks to be honest. Morin is ready to be released to the world when Blackhawks free up some roster spots for him next year. His 5 points in 15 games this year is just the tip of the iceberg....

I like Morin but he's fallen behind Teravainen, Danault, Pirri and McNeill in the prospect depth chart in Chicago and there's limited opportunities to begin with. Plus, Morin will be exposed to waivers next season so I don't see him sticking around.

Richardson give Chicago a quality depth centre for the bottom 6 who can play on the PK.

I like Morin but he's fallen behind Teravainen, Danault, Pirri and McNeill in the prospect depth chart in Chicago and there's limited opportunities to begin with. Plus, Morin will be exposed to waivers next season so I don't see him sticking around.

Richardson give Chicago a quality depth centre for the bottom 6 who can play on the PK.

Man Chicagos team is so sick and the depth they have is out of this world. I could see them dishing Bickell on somebody in the offseason as he hasn't panned out at all with his new contract. I could see them dishing some of there young talent for some solid draft picks aka 3-4 year projects, when Hossa etc are up then they are re-stocked and ready to roll. Tallon, Bowman and Bowman SR have done a hell of a job with that team in a combined effort over the last 10 years.

Man Chicagos team is so sick and the depth they have is out of this world. I could see them dishing Bickell on somebody in the offseason as he hasn't panned out at all with his new contract. I could see them dishing some of there young talent for some solid draft picks aka 3-4 year projects, when Hossa etc are up then they are re-stocked and ready to roll. Tallon, Bowman and Bowman SR have done a hell of a job with that team in a combined effort over the last 10 years.

Yep. Gillis talks about Detroit model this, Detroit model that but it's Chicago that has truly followed the Detroit model and actually out did Detroit. Getting a son of a legendary coach that won like 4 cups with Detroit and really understands the Detroit model well helped too. Not a knock against Stan Bowman but getting Scotty Bowman to advise him, in my opinion really helped Chicago to implement Detroit model. I was surprised when they let go of Tallon in favor of Stan Bowman, but turns out it was a very good decision by Chicago.

Also Anaheim and San Jose have all done a great job of developing young talents whilst staying competitive. Considering that Anaheim and San Jose have not picked in the top 3 or top 5 in the draft for many years goes to show how good of a job they did.

Good trade for Chicago but a good trade for Canucks? Nope nope nope. Richardson is a stud and I hope they don't give him to those pukes.

Richardson's grow on trees in the free agent market. You'll rarely see a 22 year old prospect though. Bad trade for Chicago

Given all the Canucks injuries you do. Plus, to make this work Vancouver needs to either take on salary or retain part of Richardson's cap hit.

Bieksa Garrison Edler Hamhuis Tanev. What more can we want from defence? But you are a blackhawks fan so I will take what you say with a grain of salt. Go back to the bandwagon please.

Bieksa Garrison Edler Hamhuis Tanev. What more can we want from defence? But you are a blackhawks fan so I will take what you say with a grain of salt. Go back to the bandwagon please.

Aren't Bieksa and Tanev injured? When heathy your D is amongst the top in the league, but taking Brookbank (or Kostka) provides some short term help (as I mentioned) and balances out salaries/cap hits. It may seem like Chicago is over paying, but while Morin is good he has no future in Chicago, he can't crack the top 9. Richardson addresses a very specific need for Chicago and Vancouver gets a young forward who is NHL ready. It's a win for both teams.

What does me being a Blackhawks fan have to do with anything? I've been a Blackhawks fan for over 25 years. No need to kae ignorant comments.

we need help on defence?

if anything we need to make room on defence so tanev and corrado can play... and that room we make needs to add scoring up front badly

I think some people may be missing the point of this proposal. From a Canucks perspective it's not about Brookbank it's about Morin.

Morin could contribute to the Canucks for years and at a decent cap hit.

Technically, Brookbank could play on Vancouver's 4th line too. He's played some LW for us.

disregard my last comment, didnt realize you were a troll

Is why we take Brook it does make a lot of sense the main trade pieces are Richardson and Morin while Brook is for cap reasons and the 6th to add into that...He is right much like Stanton Morin will have problems on the Chicago depth chart and if put through waivers will be a loss for nothing

Richardson's grow on trees in the free agent market. You'll rarely see a 22 year old prospect though. Bad trade for Chicago

Wrong. All the Richardsons are scooped up by other teams because they're so valuable. Not many centres that can play on every line and be responsible defensively, be your best faceoff guy and penalty killer and also chip in almost 15 goals. Blackhawks are going to give at least a 2nd in this deal or no dice.

Archived