The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Lack - 0 Wings - 2

TheTruthHurts

Hiring this coach was the problem. This team had a PP that killed the league.

Get a smooth puck moving d man to play with Edler.

Whomever plays the best with Garrison mans the second pairing.

Gillis signed the Sedins to finish out their careers here.I hope he has a plan to accentuate their talents instead of making them block shots and dump n chase.

As for the gong show,Tootsie leads the league in that department.

The PP sucked last season as well.

Hughson said it very well, they played their top players too much and that's why they looked tired.

To this extend, Tort did his job: he successfully squeezed out whatever was left in the players now what? Trade the sisters? Kes? Burrows? Bieska?.... NTC aside, who would want depleted players, for a decent price? Even if they get picks does the canucks have the right staff to draft and develop them?

The sisters? Really? Yeah they may be invisible but calling them sisters is just plain dumb.

haha Lu getting credit for how good lack is?? give me a break ..... they said the whole time we had no problem trading away either cory or Lu because we had a future star in Lack comming up.... he was good before he even met Lu..... Lu is the one that needs to work on his mechanics every year .... took him years to get over his head problems and not get rattled . couldnt handle the media ... seems like a great guy to learn from.... maybe what he tells Lack is "do what i say and not as i do"

I think he accomplished just that in the video without losing his job.

1. Called Booth a crapty player.

2. Said we need to change the complexion of the club. (Basically saying "TRADES NAOW")

3. Said he's worried. A coach saying he's worried is basically declaring he cannot change the mindset or trend of the club he's in charge of.

I don't think we'll get much more out of him and I don't think we need to. He said what needed to be said.

I don't think he called Booth a crappy player...he was condemning our franchise offensive players for being crap....We're in trouble if Booth is our best player.

I'm sure MG won't be pleased at those comments,but hats off to Torts....even though he has temper issues..he always gives you the straight dope...he knows the fans aren't idiots.(well most of them)

I still think that the Canucks will turn it on after the Olympic break....they are not as bad as what we've this last month

Guest Gumballthechewy

Playing with zetterberg is a little different than burrows

It's not how many points they score, it's how they play.

The game today illustrated that neither Corrado nor Sauve is ready for the NHL, Schroeder and Kassian are borderline ready, each of Sedin, Sedin & Burrows has completely lost his way and the defensemen are handling the puck like it is a live grenade. There is a TOTAL lack of cohesion. It's incredible to witness how inept this team is at entering the offensive zone on a power play. This is a team which has completely lost its identity and I don't know if there is a quick way to fix it. Perhaps a complete overhaul is in order. I'm stumped and I'm guessing so is Torts.

This is all on Gillis.

Have you ever wondered what the team would look like without the Sedins? Well this is it...even though they are playing.

Canuck management gambled the Sedins could hold down the fort and produce for 2-3 more years while they transitioned to a younger core.

Unless these guys are popeye and someone feeds them the spinach the Sedins look like they are ready for the pasture. Now the pressure is on to turn this mess around.

This is all on Gillis.

Have you ever wondered what the team would look like without the Sedins? Well this is it...even though they are playing.

Canuck management gambled the Sedins could hold down the fort and produce for 2-3 more years while they transitioned to a younger core.

Unless these guys are popeye and someone feeds them the spinach the Sedins look like they are ready for the pasture. Now the pressure is on to turn this mess around.

Biggest mistake Gillis ever made.

When Lack was laying on his back, still getting peppered that said it all folks. Depending on rookie Lack to stand on his head, is not good coaching or managing. It obvious , the big problem is Gillis loyalty. I feel the same way. I love this team like a family member. But its time to make a handful of trades and get younger before its too late. If I were Gillis id have a visit to the dressing room and let them know if they dont get something done by the deadline hes going to be forced to talk to agents and start a rebuild before hes fired and replaced with Feaster (joke)

2 goals have been scored when Booth and H. Sedin have been on the ice together in the last 3 seasons combined.

2 goals have been scored in 13/14 alone when Kassian and H. Sedin have been on the ice together in just 22 mins of icetime.

I'm so glad Booth continues to get 'promoted' to the top line and not Kassian. The inability to score goals is not just on the players.

2 goals have been scored when Booth and H. Sedin have been on the ice together in the last 3 seasons combined.

2 goals have been scored in 13/14 alone when Kassian and H. Sedin have been on the ice together in just 22 mins of icetime.

I'm so glad Booth continues to get 'promoted' to the top line and not Kassian. The inability to score goals is not just on the players.

Kassian played on the top line with Daniel and Kesler and some point did he not and Coaches don't have these stats in the back of there heads what they do have is eyes seeing how Booth is the only forward playing like he cares so maybe put him with the Sedins to get them to care as well

Archived