The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Well my crystal ball looks to be working...

nitwitt

Hey guys, just to be clear I'm not "trolling". I'm actually a long time diehard Canuck fan, I like many others love this team and have been there through the thick and thin. I like many others have earned the right to have an opinion whether it's negative or positive about this team and not to be casted aside as just another negative "nelly" or troll etc.. "Mangoes" started a post in Sept. "How many wins will the Canucks get this season" I predicted the Canucks would reach 78 points with a record of 32-36-14. Well it appears I'm going to be extremely close as far as the points are concerned. Like many of you i was concerned about our false sense of reality playing in a dismal pacific North West Division. We were all concerned about the lack of point production from every other line except the Sedin line. However, the state of affairs is far worse then most thought. This core has never looked so bad, so disconnected, so un-interested in playing as a team. M.G. is without a doubt driving this thing right into the ground. As I predicted the Canucks will miss the playoffs but i never thought they could end up 12th in the Conference and this look like a real possibility. There's no way MG upgraded the coaching staff with the firing of AV and the hire of Torts. How does the makeup of this team play the way Torts wants them to("STIFF"), it's not possible.

We have some very bright lights; Tanev looks amazing, Lakk looks like the real deal, Hamhuis is very good, Stanton could be a solid number 4, Kesler is flying and hitting everything and will get 30 goals, Kassian has taken big steps in spite of the coach, Luongo is at the top of his game and his contract looks pretty good, Santorelli and Richardson look like good bottom six guys but everyone else is struggling. The team needs to have the Core dismanteled. Core= Sedins, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Luongo, Garrison and Higgins. We should be able to deal these these players for quality young players. Would the Sedins and Bieksa wave to go to a team like Montreal? What about Burrows and Edler to the Rangers(AV would love to have 2 of his favorite players back), How about Garrison and Higgins to Philly? Luongo and a 1st to FLA. All 4 teams would love to have those players and those four teams have the right young talent we need to reset this team.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS

Thomas Vanek ($5.750m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Chris Kreider ($0.800m)

Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($0.925m) / Brayden Schenn ($0.870m)

Mike Santorelli ($0.550m) / Nick Bjugstad ($0.900m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Jordan Schroeder ($0.600m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Zac Dalpe ($0.550m) / Kellan Lain ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Brian Campbell ($7.143m)

Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)

Yannick Weber ($0.650m) / Frank Corrado ($0.591m)

GOALTENDERS

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

Joacim Eriksson ($0.925m)

BUYOUTS

Keith Ballard ($0.000m)

LTIR

Andrew Alberts ($0.600m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(cap space ignores bonus cushion excess of $450,833)

(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2014-02-04)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $5,273,333

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $18,366,500

Why would Burrows go to the Rangers instead of waving his no-trade to go to Montreal his hometown as his first choice.

Bigger problem with Kassian improving despite his coach. Torts has had alot to do with his development as well as the coaching staff.

If you have been following Tortorella all year he keeps talking about it being a daily process with Kassian to make him understand how to be a pro.

He has improved but isn't consistent yet. I don't see how you give no credit to Torts. Kassian even mentioned it he said he needs a kick in the pants and a guy like Tortorella to keep him focused on improving and developing good habits on and off the ice.

Archived