The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Leafs {Sat Feb 8, 3PM}

John.Tallhouse

Hi all,

despite being a Canucks fan for 20 years, as a person from Europe (Czech Republic), I am not familiar with relationships between people from diferent cities within Canada. Could somebody just explain me, where so much hatred against the Leafs comes from? Thanks!

Go Canucks Go

For me it got strong when Leafs players were so content in their fishbowl cities that players had no interest in getting as UFA's at the deadline to go to Cup Contenders. Than there is also that they didn't even try to win for about 15 years there despite being the richest team in hockey, all while self-proclainming themselves as the league's greatest team when they hadn't even been in the playoffs for 10 years.

And the topper is that we've all been forced to watch games on CBC where the whole broadcast is really just a front for Leafs TV. Even when our games were on I remember a game in playoffs last year against the Sharks where the started the Canucks broadcast with 10 minutes of Leafs talk gushing over a win. Even this year when we absolutely CRUSHED them earlier the broadcast was completely Leafs sided. Just a horrible abomination. CBC has continually screwed us over in terms of fair representation.

Lastly there is the delusional Leaf fanbase. A Canucks fan will readily admit we've had some ups and downs and we don't have a cup but Leafs fans will insanely claim their superiority at every chance they get. This team has been to the third round what once in 30 years? It's seriously like dealing with some crazy uncle or something.

Holy crap. CBC is just all over us tonight

To be fair - they like to point out shortcomings at the best of times. This is their opportunity to legitimately point out how terrible the team is. They're about as content as your golden retriever rolling around in its own crap.

Archived