The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Linus Omark

Is it possible to sign him for the Comets? Or do we have to sign him and put him on wavers to send him down? It seems the Comets can't find the net with a map and a compass, so any help would be welcome.

Yeah, you'd need him to clear waivers entirely first before sending to the AHL.

Claiming him right now would mean that he has to stay in the NHL.

Stanton was specifically targetted by MG and management. He wasn't a random waiver pick up that happened to work out.

You could say that about every waiver player that you have to specifically single out to select off of waivers. Waivers are random. There are never guarantees that the player you want gets there, and if he does there are no guarantees that he isn't a bum. My point was that not every player is worth a go that slides onto waivers, obviously right? Stanton was. Omark might not be but at this point who the hell cares? It's worth a shot.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I love how everyone is like "Free player with nothing to lose? Screw that noise!" Look at what a new team did for Raymond, not saying the same thing would happen here but you never know until you try and there is literally nothing to lose.

I love how everyone is like "Free player with nothing to lose? Screw that noise!" Look at what a new team did for Raymond, not saying the same thing would happen here but you never know until you try and there is literally nothing to lose.

I'd rather ice a Kellan Lain or a Darren Archibald. Stay within our own system, if he can't make it in Edmonton or Buffalo - he sure as hell won't play well under Torts. If he can't play D, he is crap in Torts' Eyes.

I'd rather ice a Kellan Lain or a Darren Archibald. Stay within our own system, if he can't make it in Edmonton or Buffalo - he sure as hell won't play well under Torts. If he can't play D, he is crap in Torts' Eyes.

Our system is lacking in offensive wingers. Burrows should be scratched and allow him time to recover. He's got the worst plus/minus on the team and is a shadow of his old self. Omark needs a change in scenery.

as someone said before... when Buffalo, a rebuilding team, waives you, you know you're in trouble of making it in any NHL team

what good is this guy on a roster that demands heavy body sacrifice and hard fore check anyway?

The panthers waived grabner

And the Canucks picked him ahead of Claude Giroux, Patrik Berglund and Milan Lucic....of course.

To be fair, Grabner was ranked 15th amongst North American skaters, so projected to be a mid 1st round pick.

Giroux was 38th (mid 2nd)

Lucic was 58th (mid 3rd)

Berglund wasn't on the ISS top 30 and was ranked 8th among European skaters (early-to-mid 2nd)

None of those guys were real options at #14 unless Nonis had huge cahones. Of course, if Nonis hadn't traded 6 of our picks, including two 2nds, for complete garbage players who never played another game for the Canucks after mid-April 2006 (and all but 1 never played in the NHL again), we could've had Lucic.

Chris Stewart would've been the guy to take. 8th among CSS ranked NA skaters, dropped to 18th.

Midget battle 2014: Omark vs. Schroeder:

Omark is flashier on the shootout and more european.

Schroeder can take faceoffs.

How many players do we see in the NHL who have a decent season and then leverage that into a multi year career. In Omark's case it was one nifty move in front of the net.

Archived