The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Another Loss

Ryan kesler the beast

I wish the players included in the Olympics would collectively decline the Games and spend the next two weeks PRACTICING as a team here.

Obviously, that would never happen in any walk of life, but what a statement to make for themselves and for the fans.

you mean hard working players??? thats right we dont have those types of players.. but thats the coaches fault for expecting them to move their feet for millions of dollars?

it's his job to build a system to suit his players and to manage his players properly. He's failed on both counts. Regardless, he's not going anywhere.

"Obviously the coaching staff has not done a good enough job with this group. That'll be our focus over the break. I take responsibility" - Torts

good on him for that. Though I think he's a mediocre coach, I do think he's a good person.

All I can say is it can't get any worse (can it?).

Never felt so down and out as a fan.

The worst is seeing ANOTHER lead - a third period lead - slip away. And the same manner as usual, allowing a quick succession of goals by the opposition. bang bang bang....its over. I could sense going into the third that we needed at least a 3 goal lead to have any hope of winning the game, and we only had a one goal lead. Sounds crazy but such is the fragility of this team right now.

Edler is awful. I've never really been big on him. I never saw why he was raved about as a premier defenseman in the league. He has size...that's about it. Once in the odd while he uses his size. He has a hard shot....once in awhile he hits the net. I'm glad he's on the Swedish team. I can see our winning goal coming off of another brain f from Edler. I really wish we could move him while other GMs are still listening to all the eastern hockey media that still thinks he's the next Lidstrom in waiting.

Best case outcome of the break:

Henrik gets close to 100%

Daniel has a great Olympics (well not too great) and finds his confidence again.

Burrows can take off his aquarium so he can actually see the puck.

Kesler has a great Olympics and is fired up and angry because he lost yet again to those damn Canadians.

Luongo is benched for Price and comes back rested but with a massive chip on his shoulder

Tanev is back and healthy

Bieksa is back and healthy

then its on to the SCF! :frantic:

Torts understands this game and how to win. Unfortunately our players are not suited for his type of play because we have a bunch of perimeter players who fail to crash the net hard when given the opportunity. This is why we can't score in the playoffs.

Torts isn't the problem. The team just blows and is hella fragile with no confidence whenever things go wrong.

"Obviously the coaching staff has not done a good enough job with this group. That'll be our focus over the break. I take responsibility" - Torts

GOod for Torts but everyone can see this is the players. Daniel Sedin, Mr $7M with 1 shot on net against a team that give sup more shots than any team in the league. For him to take that contract, play like he has and then go to Sochi to play makes me very upset. Sweden isn't paying his salary.

SO disappointed in the total lack of character, and effort from the supposed veteran core of this team. ABsolutely pathetic!

Archived