The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We have a better chance of making the playoffs than you might think

Time Lord

"I read somewhere there's a 23% chance of them making it" don't cut it in this league kid. In fact, it doesn't cut it in life.

Of course, on a hockey related note; being a top 10 puck possession team in the league means nothing if the you don't do anything with the puck. For example, score goals.

Why aren't the Canucks not scoring goals? They're decimated. Injured.

The Olympic break is exactly what the Doctors ordered; litteraly. Rest. Time to heal.

Luongo is coming back healthy, rested and excited by the whole Olympic experience. Not playing will have fired him up.

"And now I have a Stanley Cup" is what I want to hear from Luongo. And perhaps, everything will align late in the season.

In fact, I love that the Canucks are right in the thick of things. They find themselves competing again. I like that. I've thought for a long time that the Canucks were brilliant teams but without a worthy opponent. I do not include in this latter statement, the Boston Heist that recently occured; that wasn't hockey.

Now, the Canucks have it given to them every night. Tortorella has also had a few thoughts during the last month that will strongly benefit the team. He watched his team the way no coach is truly allowed to during the season; at home, on his couch. I believe that will strongly benefit the team both in the short and the long run.

I like that. Especially when they win. And they do. Healing is everything in this case. Just watch.

And fairies and unicorns exist too. Right?

Please put down the pipe and take off the rose colored glasses.

The Nucks have 13 home games left and 9 away. Toughest home games are probably first ones back, St Louis and Minny with a depleted lineup. If we can get 2 wins and some bodies back and go into Phoenix and Dallas away with some momentum I like our chances.

Up coming home games in March: Ottawa, Calgary, NY Islanders, Nashville, Buffalo, Anaheim. Away games in March: Winnipeg, Washington, Florida/Tampa back to back and Minny/Colorado back to back. Not really shaking in my boots here if we play to our potential. Anaheim home and Winnipeg,Tampa, Minny/Colorado away the most challenging games.

We finish the season in April with 5 home games: NY Rangers, LA, Anaheim, Colorado, Calgary and 1 away: Edmonton. Toughest game probably vs Rangers who will still be in a playoff race. LA, Anaheim, Colorado will be coasting trying to stay healthy for the playoffs. Edmonton and Calgary are....well s**t, in a race for last place although Buffalo will win that one.

Bottom line if we can win or get loser points in the next few games especially against Minny, Phoenix, and Dallas who are our direct rivals for 8th we would be favorites for that spot. Even if we lose them all we still have a shot. Some of our rivals will start losing ground we will not continue to go on 2-8 streaks we are not Buffalo.

What we do in the playoffs is a different story but I think we will get in

Archived