The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League (Full)

Nail

Very happy to solidify our team going into next year!

Dubinsky - Datsyuk - Filppula

Clowe - Roy - ________

Bickell - Mathias - Brunner

Clarkson - Richardson - Reinhart

Armia

_____ - Bartowski

Moore - Nikitin

Tanev - Smith

Murphy - Hillen

Rinne

Nabokov

Assign O'Brien, Orr, and Lashoff to minors.

Feel that we've deepened our lineup tremendously.

That's probably why Kreider didn't sign.... doesn't like the fact that the GM is publicly telling all the fans his business :P

Nah, that's what Pittsburgh thinks. ;)

Seriously though I think it's good for the league if players do reject offers with more money for the better fit, location, chance to win, or whatever the case is. We've seen a few other signings like that and it really helps with the realism going forward.

You are doing a good job nail. Dont get me wrong. Its not an easy job.

Players real life value should come behind their value in this league when ot comes to contracts expected.

I agree and I feel like Nail has done a tremendous job. I'm not just ass kissing. I didn't sign a lot of players I wanted to but I signed a few I did so it goes both ways. Real life value is too hard to gauge. The only things we can count on is basically that the team a player is currently signed to will have a bit better chance at re signing them than other teams in free agency.

For instance I signed Mason Raymond for less than his current market value but no one in this league wanted him. At the same token some players signed UFA contracts here that were upwards of ten million dollars, but that's cause lots in this league wanted them. Dollars. Damn them. Lol.

Penciling out even my middle of the road standpoints above all I say this league is top notch and i am happy with how it is managed.

Nah, that's what Pittsburgh thinks. ;)

Seriously though I think it's good for the league if players do reject offers with more money for the better fit, location, chance to win, or whatever the case is. We've seen a few other signings like that and it really helps with the realism going forward.

Location?

So in all fairness, what do we base location on? the winning record? The market? Or do we base it off the NHL?

You can understand my good point since I'm Arizona haha :)

I agree and I feel like Nail has done a tremendous job. I'm not just ass kissing. I didn't sign a lot of players I wanted to but I signed a few I did so it goes both ways. Real life value is too hard to gauge. The only things we can count on is basically that the team a player is currently signed to will have a bit better chance at re signing them than other teams in free agency.

For instance I signed Mason Raymond for less than his current market value but no one in this league wanted him. At the same token some players signed UFA contracts here that were upwards of ten million dollars, but that's cause lots in this league wanted them. Dollars. Damn them. Lol.

Penciling out even my middle of the road standpoints above all I say this league is top notch and i am happy with how it is managed.

I just think no one was willing to go any higher to pay Raymond tbh

Location?

So in all fairness, what do we base location on? the winning record? The market? Or do we base it off the NHL?

You can understand my good point since I'm Arizona haha :)

Location is usually how close/far the city is from the player's hometown. It also works for what the city has to offer. I don't think we use the latter much in this league but I guess it's useful in negotiations if you really want someone and are in the mix of potential destinations. (in your case Phoenix would work well with this since not many NHLers grew up in the southwest). :)

You pretty much nailed it (no pun intended) in your Raymond post above.

Archived