The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which country has the best projected top line for Sochi 2014?

-Vintage Canuck-

Which country has the best projected top line for Sochi 2014?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The real question is, if we take Russia's/USA's/Sweden's top line and put them out against Canada's shutdown line, and if we put Canada's top line against Russia's/USA's/Sweden's line, who comes out on top?

Bergeron Toews Sharp can shutdown any of those teams' top lines, whereas I don't see any of those other three teams being able to shut down Canada's top line (maybe the US with a Backes/Kesler line). But, when it is just wave after wave of elite skill being iced by Team Canada, I don't see how other teams can match. Russia will have to play the Malkin line and Datsyuk line 45-50 minutes a game if they expect to deal with Canada's depth.

Voted for Canada, not because I'm bias, but none of the other top line have proven chemistry. Kunitz and Crosby are already familiar with each other and that's far more superior than putting all your best guys on one line, hoping that it works.

The US top line might struggle. Kane is the only guy with playmaking abilities and skill. We all know Kesler is not a passing/playmaking center and Kane might be affected because of it. Kesler and Brown would better be suited for a great 3rd line checking line.

So many people crapping on Carter. The guy is Stamkos-lite. An absolute sniper. Watch and see fellow Canadians.

@Del Rio...do you watch Patrick Kane much? The guy does NOT need a guy to dish to him. He's a playmaker with a very accurate shot. I think you may mean KESLER may need a guy to feed him.

In terms of offensive skill Russia, everyone else, not even close. In there own end though, not that great. Usually these guys are all kinda unmotivated about back checking, I could see them being a lot more motivated however at home. They could surprise everyone, and if they do it will be scary.

I think JVR-Kesler-Kessel is a better line. Kessel is all speed and same with Kesler.

Brown-Pavelski-Kane makes more sense, Kane needs a guy to feed him. Kesler is not that great at being a passing center.

That makes sense. Kesler and Kessel are shoot first players and JVR is the big bodied winger with playmaking ability and can make room for those two. Although IMO Pacioretty - Kesler - Kane would be the perfect top line.

Pacioretty - Kesler - Kane

JVR - Stepan - Kessel

Stastny - Pavelski - Callahan

Brown - Backes - Oshie

Archived