The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chicago stepping up at the draft and offering Teräväinen might be the closest to a potential star centre that we can get. Add in Shaw plus a pick and we could be in business.

Yeah, I question how available he really is. Chicago is an amazing team as is. Do they really need Kesler, especially at the expense of their best prospect. They won 2 cups recently, if I'm them, I keep my kids and try and sign stastny or Callahan if I really want another centre.

Teravainen shaw and a pick would be pretty sweet though haha

The dream scenario is getting Bonino and then flipping both the top 10s for Reinhart

So

Kesler

Shinkaruk

Hansen

1st (9th)

for

Bonino

Reinhart

yes please.

Probably going to have to dangle Horvat to get the Reinhart pick or it wouldn't be worth it for the trading team.

Probably going to have to dangle Horvat to get the Reinhart pick or it wouldn't be worth it for the trading team.

If it's the 6th overall, 8th overall and Hansen?

Eberle and RNH pretty much are Reinhart, there wouldn't be a better offer on the table.

Kesler to Chicago is intriguing because Chicago would go all in for the 5 cup dynasty

Santorelli is not a full time second line center. I think people are being blinded by his success this season.

If we trade Kesler, the deal will have to include a young impact center.

Maybe not, but is Schroeder the guy who can play second line centre minutes when Santo isn't consistent? Whether Santorelli is or is not successful in the 2C spot, I don't feel that Schroeder can step in to help.

There aren't many 2C options in the UFA pool, and I wouldn't want management putting pressure on Horvat to play the 2C position in what could be a difficult year for the Canucks. Its not a great position to be in, but I'd rather see the Canucks rely on Santo (if Kes is traded).

Posted this in another thread.

Kesler + 1st for Yakupov + 1st

We trade our 8th-12th pick for a top 3 pick. And get Yakupov who can create offense & would get alot of opportunity here. Then with that top 3 pick we can take Reinhart or Bennett or Dal Colle to replace Kesler down the road.

Kesler probably wouldn't accept a trade there but it would be a great scenario for us IMO.

If it's the 6th overall, 8th overall and Hansen?

Eberle and RNH pretty much are Reinhart, there wouldn't be a better offer on the table.

Kesler to Chicago is intriguing because Chicago would go all in for the 5 cup dynasty

Yeah maybe you get Edmonton to bite. Even them though I'd rather just take Reinhart. They can find a Hansen somewhere and beyond the top 5 there's no sure bets.

They kinda need the help now and might want more nhl readiness. Put Tanev in there somehow and I bet they start getting serious.

Posted this in another thread.

Kesler + 1st for Yakupov + 1st

We trade our 8th-12th pick for a top 3 pick. And get Yakupov who can create offense & would get alot of opportunity here. Then with that top 3 pick we can take Reinhart or Bennett or Dal Colle to replace Kesler down the road.

Kesler probably wouldn't accept a trade there but it would be a great scenario for us IMO.

Meaning that coming up with any combination of players involved in a Kesler deal to Edmonton would be pointless. He's not waiving to go Edmonton. If he was willing to go to bottom-feeder teams, there are plenty of other teams to trade with that could better address the Canucks' needs.

Yeah maybe you get Edmonton to bite. Even them though I'd rather just take Reinhart. They can find a Hansen somewhere and beyond the top 5 there's no sure bets.

They kinda need the help now and might want more nhl readiness. Put Tanev in there somehow and I bet they start getting serious.

Yea Hansen is pretty worthless.

Still a 7th and 8th overall + say Cassels for Reinhart.

I donno Scrivens is turning it around if they draft Fleury and Nurse steps up they look decent all of a sudden.

Yea Hansen is pretty worthless.

Still a 7th and 8th overall + say Cassels for Reinhart.

I donno Scrivens is turning it around if they draft Fleury and Nurse steps up they look decent all of a sudden.

I think the entire point of trading the pick for them would be to make them competitive now. 2 later picks probably doesn't do much for them. They would probably want good young dmen coming their way. Otherwise might as well just draft Reinhart and throw him in with the rest of the kids. Maybe draft him and trade one of the established guys for what they need.

We should definitely be all over Lemieux though, that kids gonna be good.

I would be surprised if he gets past Colorado. Roy would be all over him

Whom ever we pick at 6th, Im sure I would be happy with. Dal Colle, Perlini, Ritchie and Draisaitl all seem like safe picks.

Someone mentioned that hopefully Anaheim gets bounced in first round in hopes that it will be a really high pick. Well Im sure if thats the case then they wont deal BOTH picks. It will be one or the other

I would be surprised if he gets past Colorado. Roy would be all over him

Whom ever we pick at 6th, Im sure I would be happy with. Dal Colle, Perlini, Ritchie and Draisaitl all seem like safe picks.

Someone mentioned that hopefully Anaheim gets bounced in first round in hopes that it will be a really high pick. Well Im sure if thats the case then they wont deal BOTH picks. It will be one or the other

Even if they do it's probably still after the 20th pick because of how many reg season points they have. Unless there's major upsets in the first round, they likely have the worst pick of the 8 eliminated teams.

Even if they do it's probably still after the 20th pick because of how many reg season points they have. Unless there's major upsets in the first round, they likely have the worst pick of the 8 eliminated teams.

ya I think you are right. Same thing happened to us after LA dispatched us and we ended up picking where we got Gaunce

To CAR:

VAN 1st Round 2014

Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder Rights

To VAN:

CAR 1st Round 2014

To DET:

Ryan Kesler

To VAN:

DET 1st Round 2014

DET 1st Round 2015

To OTT:

DET 1st Round 2014

Ryan Stanton

Draft:

Jake Virtanen

Haydn Fleury

Tank as much as possible next year and try to get 1st overall and Connor McDavid. Try to flip DET 1st Round 2015 for a top 5 pick and get Oliver Kylington. REBUILD

2018-2019 Line-up

Gaunce-McDavid-Fox

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian

Higgins-Cassels-Virtanen

???-Lain-???

Hamhuis-Fleury

Edler-Kylington

Tanev-Subban

Cederholm

Lack

???

To CAR:

VAN 1st Round 2014

Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder Rights

To VAN:

CAR 1st Round 2014

To DET:

Ryan Kesler

To VAN:

DET 1st Round 2014

DET 1st Round 2015

To OTT:

DET 1st Round 2014

Ryan Stanton

Draft:

Jake Virtanen

Haydn Fleury

Tank as much as possible next year and try to get 1st overall and Connor McDavid. Try to flip DET 1st Round 2015 for a top 5 pick and get Oliver Kylington. REBUILD

2018-2019 Line-up

Gaunce-McDavid-Fox

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian

Higgins-Cassels-Virtanen

???-Lain-???

Hamhuis-Fleury

Edler-Kylington

Tanev-Subban

Cederholm

Lack

???

why leave out Jensen in your line up?

Might need to package him in order to get the pick for McDavid/Kylington.

if its for a center like Mcdavid it would make more sense to package Gaunce. Also we should trade shinkaruk before we trade Jensen. Out of all our prospects Shinkaruk is the biggest potential bust. not saying he will be a bust he just has the most potential to be one.

Archived