The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What exactly is the rookie tournament ?

Its a tournament thats taken place annually in september for a few years now. A few teams, including the canucks, send prospects to this young stars tournament to showcase their talent. This takes place in Penticton, BC. Here is a quote from the young stars tourney page, from this past september:

The Vancouver Canucks Young Stars Classic will take place September 5-9, 2013 in Penticton BC’s beautiful state-of-the-art South Okanagan Events Centre . The tournament will feature a number of notable NHL prospects from the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, San Jose Sharks and Winnipeg Jets. Past tournaments have featured 30 players who dressed in NHL games during the following season, including Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Chris Tanev and Aaron Volpatti. See the future of the NHL today!

Damn, Winnipeg lost. They've got 2 games left Boston and Calgary. Hopefully Boston rests their stars and Peg takes it to em.

Assuming we lose this 2-0 game we're in. We sit six points ahead of Calgary. They have LA WPG and us left. If they win all 3 and we lose them in reg, I believe they have the tie breaker.

Perfect storm draft pick wise. Winnipeg beats Boston and loses to calg. Calg continues their streak and we draft 5th(assuming the other teams below us get a point)

Damn, Winnipeg lost. They've got 2 games left Boston and Calgary. Hopefully Boston rests their stars and Peg takes it to em.

Assuming we lose this 2-0 game we're in. We sit six points ahead of Calgary. They have LA WPG and us left. If they win all 3 and we lose them in reg, I believe they have the tie breaker.

Perfect storm draft pick wise. Winnipeg beats Boston and loses to calg. Calg continues their streak and we draft 5th(assuming the other teams below us get a point)

As long as we are within bennet, leon, dal colle, ehlers, or nylander im ok :towel:

As long as we are within bennet, leon, dal colle, ehlers, or nylander im ok :towel:

Me too, I'd really like to at least land 6th though. Then we got a shot at the cdc projected top 5 if one team goes off the board.

I think we need the 6th pick or better. If we look at it as of now.

Buf: Reinhart

Fla: Ekblad/Bennett (Ehlers-Tallon says he likes him)

Edmonton: Ekblad/Bennett

NYI: Draitsal

Calgary: Dalle Colle

Carolina:

Anaheim(Ottawa):

Vancouver:

The only guy I see dropping out of the top 5 is Leon Draitsal. Lots of moving parts though. If we can get 6th pick, it's very likely we get someone who should have been top 5 who drops out of the top 5. Edmonton NEEDS Aaron Ekblad. And if he isn't in an Oiler jersey next season, I would be very surprised. Florida could use him, but they don't really need Reinhart. They could use Bennett. Buffalo could use any of the top 3, so I can see Edmonton trading up for it if Buffalo wins the lottery.

Either way, getting that 6th pick or better is VERY important!

Ottawa plays the Islanders tomorrow. They should easily be able to win that.

Carolina plays the Rangers tomorrow. Since the Rangers just clinched today, I see them resting some players especially against a weaker team (maybe they rest Lundqvist?).

If both of those teams get two points, it would push the Canucks down to seventh. It just sucks Winnipeg couldn't win today.

If the Isles win their last games, and those situations said above happen we will pick 4th cal and isles would have tie breaker I believe!

Lets goooo PEG, Ottawa, NASH, Carolina, Calgary and Isles woooo!!! And cheer on AVES, Flames and Oilers in last three games against us! LEGGGGO TOP 5 pick PLEASE

I am praying we get, Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Drasaitl or Dal Colle!!!!!! LIfe would be great!!

If the Isles win their last games, and those situations said above happen we will pick 4th cal and isles would have tie breaker I believe!

Lets goooo PEG, Ottawa, NASH, Carolina, Calgary and Isles woooo!!! And cheer on AVES, Flames and Oilers in last three games against us! LEGGGGO TOP 5 pick PLEASE

I am praying we get, Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Drasaitl or Dal Colle!!!!!! LIfe would be great!!

I'm pretty sure the tie breaker is ROW so the worst the Canucks can do is 5th.

How choked would we be if we finish 6th and the 7th worst team wins the lottery...

LOl I keep thinking if we dont win the lottery, I can live with that, a team that finishes higher than us tho,,, i cant,,, I will cry!

Ottawa plays the Islanders tomorrow. They should easily be able to win that.

Carolina plays the Rangers tomorrow. Since the Rangers just clinched today, I see them resting some players especially against a weaker team (maybe they rest Lundqvist?).

If both of those teams get two points, it would push the Canucks down to seventh. It just sucks Winnipeg couldn't win today.

Why would the Rangers rest their players. They are trying to get home ice, only 2 points up on Flyers

The Canucks last 3 games are Col, Edm, Cal. We win at least one of those which puts us at minimum of 83 points.

The three teams behind them in the standings are Ott, Win, and Car

Ott has 80 points with NYI, NJ, Tor, Pitt left to play

Winn has 80 pts with Bos and Cal to play

Car has 79 pts with NYR, WSH, Det, Phi to play

if we end with 85 pts only Ott and Car can surpass us

Realisticly we end up at best with the #7 pick, unless of course we win the lottery

Archived