The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nylander is the top scorer at the U18. 7 points in 3 games.

Fiala is 3rd at the U18 with 6 points in 3 games.

Jakub Vrana is 4th in points and has the most goals in the tournaments. 5 points, 4 of them being goals in 3 games.

Nylander 5 point game against the Slovaks. Just two assists until then. (0 vs. Canada, 2 vs. Russia)

Hmm interesting, who are the top scorers for each team?

Canada: Virtanen (4 points)

Sweden: Nylander (7 points)

Finland: Rantanen (5 points)

USA: Milano (5 points)

Russia: Svechnikov (5 points)

Czech: Vrana/Karabacek (5 points), Vrana has more goals, 4.

Slovakia: Mily (4 points)

Swiss: Malgin/Fiala (6 points), Malgin with 3 goals, Fiala with 2.

Germany: Kammerer (3 points)

Denmark: Korsgaard (2 points)

All teams have played 3 games except Denmark and Slovakia, so it is pretty even.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Yeah I was kinda unsure about it.

Nylander 5 point game against the Slovaks. Just two assists until then. (0 vs. Canada, 2 vs. Russia)

The Slovaks aren't walkovers, they took Russia to overtime and the Canada game was only 1-2 for the Canadians.

Two good teams and still not bad. He was very good versus Russia and scored the shootout winner.

Him showing his dominance over the Slovaks is what this tournament is about.

He is the real deal. He'll take time but he's an excellent prospect. Top notch.

Yeah I was kinda unsure about it.

The Slovaks aren't walkovers, they took Russia to overtime and the Canada game was only 1-2 for the Canadians.

It's what I've been saying consistently this whole thread.

I would take Nylander but I expect the Canucks to take Ritchie. And I'm fine with that.

It's what I've been saying consistently this whole thread.

I would take Nylander but I expect the Canucks to take Ritchie. And I'm fine with that.

I want Nylander aswell because you can't teach high skill offense.

well he only got 74 points so I guess your wrong.

horvat had 74 points as an 18 year old OH EM GEE WE HAVE GENERATIONAL TALENT!!!

holey moley nick cousins had 103 points in the ohl when he was 18! da next crosbyyyyyyyyyy!

are you kidding me!?!?! yakupov had 101 points in his draft year! hes gunna be a lifetime superstar MOVE OVER GRETZKY!

oh wait.

thats using your logic. whats more impressive is that these players did it weighing less than ritchie and didnt have a chance to physically impose the rest of the league.

merci logic at its finest.

Lol I didn't even bother to argue with him about "generational talent" :lol:

Your posts are really dull, did any of those 80 point players have that skill set in such a clunky un athletic body, give your ahead a shake and realize smaller guys naturally have a more NHL ready body with their skating than Ritchie cn ever have.

Ritchie is the superior player in a few years

First of all Kassian is my favourite player but in his draft, people had him at #6 and also said he was a rare player with size and skill. Not im not knocking on Kassian but lets say if we was drafted at 6th overall where some scouts had him at and he developed slowly, do you think fans would have a lot of patience? Now I know your going to say Ritchie is a different type of player blah blah blah, but generally speaking they are both power forwards with skill so therefore it makes complete sense to compare those two.

First of all Kassian is my favourite player but in his draft, people had him at #4 and also said he was a rare player with size and skill. Not im not knocking on Kassian but lets say if we was drafted at 4th overall where some scouts had him at and he developed slowly, do you think fans would have a lot of patience? Now I know your going to say Ritchie is a different type of player blah blah blah, but generally speaking they are both power forwards with skill so therefore it makes complete sense to compare those two.

Kassian's development was hindered in Buffalo. His 2 years there meant almost nothing and when we took him on, we pretty much had to mold him from scratch. If we draft Ritchie, we can groom him from the start

I want us to tanK TANK tank for a couple years, play our young players and mix them in with our vets, stock pile picks and draft high for a couple years then resign guys like Bieksa, hammer and bring in the youth

we only really need to tank for one year.

Shink - Mcdavid - Jensen/ UFA

#6 - Horvat - Kassian

Higgins - Gaunce - ???

??? - ???? - ????

Kassian's development was hindered in Buffalo. His 2 years there meant almost nothing and when we took him on, we pretty much had to mold him from scratch. If we draft Ritchie, we can groom him from the start

Two years? Lol... he played 27 games for Buffalo.

They sent him back to the OHL for two years and gave him 30 games in the AHL [he had 26 points].

His development was not hindered in Buffalo..

I would argue AV hindered his development more. He barely even played for the Sabres lol. Anyways, bottom line is players like Ritchie and Kassian take lots of time to adjust in the NHL because they can no longer bully their way through teenagers. We size gets neutralized, all that matters is skill.

Archived