The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you think Fleury is good enough to slide up into the top 5? ......is Fleury a worth while option for the Canucks at the 6th pick?

I don't think top 5. The top 5 seem set. Top 10 though for sure. I think some team will take him somewhere around 6-10. if he falls anywhere around 12 or later I would be shocked.

Do I think he's a good pick for us? He would be, he's a great prospect, but I would opt for a forward. I do think he is in the same class as the other players around our pick so it certainly wouldn't be a reach.

Trading up to the supposed 'top-5' isn't worth it because all those guys have their own weaknesses.

Draisaitl: Too slow. Too German.

Ekblad: Not Drew Doughty.

Reinhart: Not Sidney Crosby.

Bennett: Too small to be big and takes too many whack penalties.

Dal Colle: Too much a man.

Right, because no one is supposed to have weaknesses in the top five.

And you also have to be a Sidney Crosby/Drew Doughty equivalent, oh and not to mention you can't be German. Simple Logic.

Right, because no one is supposed to have weaknesses in the top five.

And you also have to be a Sidney Crosby/Drew Doughty equivalent, oh and not to mention you can't be German. Simple Logic.

Just put him on your ignore list or don't even respond.

Greasy goals wins playoff games. Skill has been shut down for much of these playoffs. Makes you think what type of player we should be drafting. Someone with skill but also not afraid to get dirty and out battle.

Crosby zero goals, Malkin zero goals, This goes back to last year against boston. Sounds familiar to another team.

To Van: 3rd overall

To Edm: 6th Overall, Rights to Chris Tanev...

Thoughts?

hmmmm....that might be giving up too much for the Canucks but the deal would be good for the Oilers.....their future defense group would be looking good with Darnell Nurse, Haydn Fleury and Chris Tanev amongst the others they already have.

Thoughts?

I think Tanev is too much for a 3 spot jump. He's just too solid and just rounded into a young solid second pairing guy with to a of room to still grow IMO.

Id hate to give the oil a player that reliable lol

I'd do corrado and our pick though. He looks solid too but we're not giving up one of our best young players on the team.

Thoughts?

No because I believe Ehlers to be the steal of the draft.

Ekblad and Reinhart will go 1-2 but after that from 3 to 5 it becomes a crap shoot. Mock drafts are now starting to switch 3-5 around.

So if someone falls out of the top 5 , we take him which is just as good as #3 and if not we take Ehlers.

hmmmm....that might be giving up too much for the Canucks but the deal would be good for the Oilers.....their future defense group would be looking good with Darnell Nurse, Haydn Fleury and Chris Tanev amongst the others they already have.

How would that improve the Canucks at all though?

Our D-core was not the same when Tanev went down.

He's probably the only untradeable player on the team right now outside of the Sedins.

I think Tanev is too much for a 3 spot jump. He's just too solid and just rounded into a young solid second pairing guy with to a of room to still grow IMO.

I'd do corrado and our pick though. He looks solid too but we're not giving up one of our best young players on the team.

i would rather keep Corrado and any other decent d-man prospects in the system...that is a position the Canucks are lacking in right now.

How would that improve the Canucks at all though?

Our D-core was not the same when Tanev went down.

He's probably the only untradeable player on the team right now outside of the Sedins.

yea thats why i said that deal looks good from an Oiler perspective.

I would rather have a future top4 dman and ritchie \ virtanen than bennet

There's a pretty huge difference from pick 3 to pick 6 in the draft, Bennett/Reinhart/Ekblad are in a different class then guys like Ritchie/Virtanen/Ehlers/Nylander. Yes, Chris Tanev is a furture top 4 dman, and probably already is one. But a guy like Bennett or Reinhart have huge potential and a strong chance to be a future top 3 forward and All-Star player. I think that's gonna be the price in order to get that #3 pick, if not more.

Also there was a link that someone posted that there was above an 85% chance that a #3 pick in the draft becomes a top 6 forward/top 4 dman, compared to a 35% chance of that happening to a #6 pick. There's a pretty huge dropoff there and I think it's worth the risk.

Also, we have almost 20 million alone tied on our top 4 defenceman, if we don't trade away Edler, I think the price for Tanev might be too high for us, so IMO it's a win-win trade for both teams.

Archived