The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Signing grit for 4th line

86Viking

never seen grenier. Archibald doesnt hit enough for my liking, either does lain. From what i remember of Komarov is he would skate hard and hit everything when he was with toronto.

we arent giving anything for him, he has nhl skill. while the people you have mentioned all but Sestito have never shown enough to stick around. I wish Lain would lay people out same with archibald.

Guess its a bad idea from me though

never seen grenier. Archibald doesnt hit enough for my liking, either does lain. From what i remember of Komarov is he would skate hard and hit everything when he was with toronto.

we arent giving anything for him, he has nhl skill. while the people you have mentioned all but Sestito have never shown enough to stick around. I wish Lain would lay people out same with archibald.

Guess its a bad idea from me though

not saying is horrible but I don't see a positional need for the 4th...rather use the money to go into top6 help when we have guys that easily fit the role already in the system

true, but komarov can be relied on to play 10 min or so and be effective. Thats an issue i think we have, Coach doesnt trust our 4th line to play them enough and by over working the top 2 lines i think they are getting tired. neitherof those lines should be over 20 mins on avg a night imo. it will tire them out over 82 games and a playoff run

Our bottom 6 is not an issue, our top 6 is.

That is obvious. but we cant get free players to improve our top 6 by signing them. Komarov could be a more edgy version of cooke, with maybe a tad less offense, but in khl he has respectable numbers. Not sure how much he is playing their.

All the people who want to trade for Matt Martin should be behind this signing. I don't really think he'd be worth that cap hit but I'd be thrilled to have someone on our team who plays at that level of intensity. He'd be a great addition

1.25m isnt much for a guy who would bring the intensity and hitting every night. Considering what some players make i have no problem paying a guy that much who tries hard, hits everything and is a decent two way player.

he may not even sign for that much who knows. Think its a low risk at the end of the day to offer him a deal, and by it not being a 1yr deal he may be a little more interested

1.25m isnt much for a guy who would bring the intensity and hitting every night. Considering what some players make i have no problem paying a guy that much who tries hard, hits everything and is a decent two way player.

he may not even sign for that much who knows. Think its a low risk at the end of the day to offer him a deal, and by it not being a 1yr deal he may be a little more interested

All due respect to what you're saying but I think I still have to agree with what most people said in here. He would be redundant... we already have an overload of players for the bottom 6 who can be even more effective on the 4th line. For example, Sestito, Richardson, Hansen (if Higgins and santo play wing for Horvat next year on the 3rd), Lain and Archibald (who in my opinion would both be more worthy to have on the 4th line), Gaunce, hell even Jensen since he has to be taught the defensive aspect of the game and the 4th line would be great.

The point is that even if you don't think Lain or Archibald deserve 4th line duties next year, there's a plethora of other players who will be able to snatch those spots, preferably some of the younger players on our farm team... I think everyone here is dying to see them with the big boys.

Leafs hold his rights until Jul 1st.

He's one hell of a player, dare I say the best hitter in the league last year. Not only that, but he's defensively responsible and strong on the dot when he needs to play C. He can also chirp you in 6 languages.

Very effective player, certainly better than any 4th liner the Canucks ice not sure how he's redundant.

He's one hell of a player, dare I say the best hitter in the league last year. Not only that, but he's defensively responsible and strong on the dot when he needs to play C. He can also chirp you in 6 languages.

Very effective player, certainly better than any 4th liner the Canucks ice not sure how he's redundant.

Id say he could grow into a 3rd line roll, Torres-esque possibly? Maybe not as offensively gifted. But I would agree him and Richardson would be a great pair on the 4th line. He is the type of player we need on our bottom 6. dalpe has played alright but it seems he isnt suited for that style and he is in no way physical

He would be a great 4th liner and he may have more skill then all our 4th liners but hes redundant because we have plenty of guys in the system that can play that 4th line as I stated above...Hansen much as I like him should be on his way also to make some room in our bottom 6

Archived