The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Women's Hockey Gold Game

SabreFan1

That's my point. Missed calls, 'even-up' calls, those are the hallmarks of bad officiating. If a ref misses a call, they shouldn't be trying to 'make it up' by calling infractions that aren't deserving. But Canada won, so who gives a crap about the integrity of the sport. You know I am right. If this was a USA gold under the same conditions, people would be having fits.

And there would be posters here claiming that the USA won fair and square and not to blame the reffing.

So what?

Are you pissed you lost or not not happy Canada took the gold or what is it you are trying to do here?

Agreed. Canada won, then the refs did a good job. If USA won, everybody would have been up in arms, complaining about the refs.

Hate this nonsense that can't be proven yet is stated like fact. So aren't you doing just that? Complaining about it? Pot/kettle stuff. Let's focus on the positive, as this thread is about the gold medal game, not who complains more/worst.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Yet a sport like soccer that the entire world plays, Canada sucks at and no one cares or talks about that lol

That's because all the good Canadian athletes play the only game that matters, hockey. :P

Guest Gumballthechewy

Thatta boy....needs work, but we'll get there.

Try to spit and kick some dirt when you say it. :)

I'll start practicing for tomorrow. ;)

Close. Speaking of which, why would some of these women wear eye make-up for a game where they will sweat?

I was wondering the exact same thing! I was watching a close up of one of the players and I'm like: "is she wearing makeup!?" :P

Winning silver is equivalent to being the team on the losing side of the Stanley Cup Finals. There's nothing to celebrate with silver other than being the first loser. That is why silver is tough to handle.

I also think its how you get the silver that matters too

Sports aside, you just dont put a nations flag on the floor and walk all over it that is so disrespectful on so many levels. Again I wasn't there so I can't be 100% sure but if that was the case then that's a heaping helping of karma served ice cold.

Silver looks so good on the US...

Gotta bust your chops on this one but I found it ironic that you said that while having a footnote photo on your posting of Ryan Kesler. Kesler as you know is part of team USA and is wearing the silver that you are making fun of. So you're ripping on your own player. Might want to rethink that one.

Winning silver is equivalent to being the team on the losing side of the Stanley Cup Finals. There's nothing to celebrate with silver other than being the first loser. That is why silver is tough to handle.

True. More excitement to winning a bronze in this setup as you have to win a game to get it. To get silver in Hockey, you have to lose a game.

In fairness to Sabresfan, he/she has been a very good sport all along and hasn't really taken any of this very seriously.

Not a poor loser at all - in fact, an experienced Sabres fan!

One of the best regular 'foreign' participants on these boards imo.

Between the Buffalo Bills and the Sabres, I've learned to cope with heart-breaking loss. :wacko::(;)

Archived