Stewart- can be a real effective player/ trade bait

Carrier- Decent

2015 first - deep deep draft

Conditional 2016 1st if Miller re ups or Blues make it to WCF

Blues:

Miller - 33, great goalie should get them deep

Ott - grit player

IMO a fair trade - quality for quality

That Conditional pick is frickin' crazy.

In some ways it makes sense though. If St. Louis gets to the Conference Finals, Miller would likely want to stay and sign for less to remain on a legit contender and STL would obviously feel like it was a successful season and likely re-sign him for a few more legit kicks at the Cup.

Having said that, this trade is a massive haul for Buffalo.

In some ways it makes sense though. If St. Louis gets to the Conference Finals, Miller would likely want to stay and sign for less to remain on a legit contender and STL would obviously feel like it was a successful season and likely re-sign him for a few more legit kicks at the Cup.

Having said that, this trade is a massive haul for Buffalo.

Yeah, it's almost a guarantee.

Maybe Murray pulls a fast one at the draft and buys. Especially so if they flip Stewart, Halak, Moulson and Ehrhoff.

Those picks could net a lot.

Just imagine the name was Luo or Schneider instead of Miller.........why can't we do this? Does MG not make phone calls, do other GM's hate him..........is he a little slow.........why can't we do deals like this?

I guess we find out one way or another if MG is hated by the NHL GM fraternity.

Is Ott that big of an upgrade over Stewart that a couple 1st rnd draft picks are thrown in just to even the trade out???

I get the Miller for Halak + prospect part of the deal, but Ott for anything more than a 1st rnd pick is too rich for my blood

Buffalo potentially has 11 picks in the top two rounds within the next two drafts. Two of them will likely go to Reinhart/Bennett and McDavid/Eichel. They have 9 picks to get a couple of top six forwards.

If they don't build a contender within the next couple of years with their current prospect pool, young core and future picks, it'll be one of the biggest blunders in the history of the league.

With draft expert Tim Murray at the helm though, shouldn't be a problem.

There are rumours that Halak and Stewart will be flipped to Minnesota and Ottawa respectively for even more picks and prospects.

Buffalo potentially has 11 picks in the top two rounds within the next two drafts. Two of them will likely go to Reinhart/Bennett and McDavid/Eichel. They have 9 picks to get a couple of top six forwards.

If they don't build a contender within the next couple of years with their current prospect pool, young core and future picks, it'll be one of the biggest blunders in the history of the league.

With draft expert Tim Murray at the helm though, shouldn't be a problem.

There are rumours that Halak and Stewart will be flipped to Minnesota and Ottawa respectively for even more picks and prospects.

I think there is smoke there as well. Your team is going to have deep cupboards come the draft.

Assuming they can net another two 1sts and two 2nds, at bare minimum along with other deal throw-ins, for Ehrhoff, Moulson, Halak and Stewart… where does this leave them assuming Miller re-signs in St Louis?

1st Buf

1st StL - Miller/Ott

1st Ehrhoff

1st Moulson

2nd Buf

2nd Wild - Pomminville

2nd Kings - Regher

2nd Halak

2nd Stewart

1st Buf

1st NYI - Vanek

1st StL - Miller/Ott

2nd Buf

2nd NYI - Vanek

2nd Kings - Regher

---------

Is that correct?

I think there is smoke there as well. Your team is going to have deep cupboards come the draft.

Assuming they can net another two 1sts and two 2nds, at bare minimum along with other deal throw-ins, for Ehrhoff, Moulson, Halak and Stewart… where does this leave them assuming Miller re-signs in St Louis?

1st Buf

1st StL

1st Ehrhoff

1st Moulson

2nd Buf

2nd Wild - Pomminville

2nd Kings - Regher

2nd Halak

2nd Stewart

1st Buf

1st NYI - Vanek

1st StL

2nd Buf

2nd NYI - Vanek

2nd Kings - Regher

---------

Is that correct?

Just looking at that makes me think that Edmonton fans are crying. For arguments sake, subtract 1-2 firsts and it is still an insanely exciting situation for any GM to find himself in.

Just looking at that makes me think that Edmonton fans are crying. For arguments sake, subtract 1-2 firsts and it is still an insanely exciting situation for any GM to find himself in.

Hodgson

Ennis

Myers

Foligno

Adam

Ristolainen

Pysyk

Zadorov

McCabe

McNabb

Grigorenko

Girgensons

Larsson

Hackett

Armia

Bailey

Catenacci

Carrier

Compher

Hurley

------

Like….. really?

Hodgson

Ennis

Myers

Foligno

Adam

Ristolainen

Pysyk

Zadorov

McCabe

McNabb

Grigorenko

Girgensons

Larsson

Hackett

Armia

Bailey

Catenacci

Carrier

Compher

Hurley

------

Like….. really?

Point taken, maybe I reached a little with "insanely exciting". Besides the plugs they possess, I mean if I was walking into Buffalo with multiple draft picks over the next few seasons I would be excited to try format a team.

Archived