The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Heritage Classic] Ottawa @ Vancouver | 03/02/14 |

Drouin

Well if Roberto wanted to play then he shouldn't be 0-5 and have a 3.(whatever) goals against in his last 5 games"

:picard:

I hope Sportsnet cans his ass next season

Can't help but laugh at people who paid money for this crap. Closed roof game on the west coast between two teams that makes no sense.. Yay! Heritage, err classic?

I wouldn't even pay 100 for a ticket to watch this team play 60 minutes right now with their boring slow play.

The fact people would throw their wallets at the NHL to attend this BS is sad

All the talk about how hard this is on Lu and lost in that is Eddie Lack. He certainly didn't expect or ask to be put in this position. Talk about pressure!!! 50,000 fans, major media circus and he is getting the start over Luongo.

Lack seems like a smart kid and he is certainly aware of all the drama surrounding this event and Torts' decision.

Massive pressure for a 1st year rookie with only 20-odd NHL games to his name.

How terrible did the team play in those games?! The goals against werent terrible or something

so why does Lack have a lower GAA in his last 5 games compared to Luongo

people need to take the fanboy crap elsewhere Torts is worried about 2 points and in the last 5 games regardless of how many goals this team is scoring Lack is giving them the best chance to win with a lower GAA

How terrible did the team play in those games?! The goals against werent terrible or something

to be fair the team defense was god awful for those games and has just recently started looking like there is any sort of structure there.

the defense starts playing hockey and suddenly the goalies start looking good, go figure?

At this point who freaking cares about the two points.. What good is it for this team to make the playoffs to just go out in round 1 and potentially face more injuries?

Jeeze some of you still think this team will do ANYthing in the playoffs? They can barely score a goal every two frigging games.. Get real.

Also, by not playing Lu they have MORE to lose then if they did.. They're creating another goaltender spectacle and a distraction to the team and in their fragile state right now that is more damaging than just putting Lu in net even if they think Lack gives them a better chance to win, which honestly is BS since Lu could just go in and pitch a shutout.. Even though everyone suddenly in there bashin Lu all the sudden believes its an auto-loss to put him in net now?

Wtf.. I know I shouldnt expect much from CDC, but holy frack there are some dummies around here.

At this point who freaking cares about the two points.. What good is it for this team to make the playoffs to just go out in round 1 and potentially face more injuries?

Jeeze some of you still think this team will do ANYthing in the playoffs? They can barely score a goal every two frigging games.. Get real.

Also, by not playing Lu they have MORE to lose then if they did.. They're creating another goaltender spectacle and a distraction to the team and in their fragile state right now that is more damaging than just putting Lu in net even if they think Lack gives them a better chance to win, which honestly is BS since Lu could just go in and pitch a shutout.. Even though everyone suddenly in there bashin Lu all the sudden believes its an auto-loss to put him in net now?

Wtf.. I know I shouldnt expect much from CDC, but holy frack there are some dummies around here.

he already wants out..and hes not getting any better.... we have more to gain by giving lack more experience... especially on a big stage like today...

:picard:

I hope Sportsnet cans his ass next season

It will be nice to thin the heard with the new contracts. Hopefully the cream rises to the top and the turds sink to the unemployment line; or worse yet...writing sports blogs.

Can't help but laugh at people who paid money for this crap. Closed roof game on the west coast between two teams that makes no sense.. Yay! Heritage, err classic?

I wouldn't even pay 100 for a ticket to watch this team play 60 minutes right now with their boring slow play.

The fact people would throw their wallets at the NHL to attend this BS is sad

I agree with the sentiment but I don't see a problem with playing Ottawa in a Heritage game. There are only 7 Canadian teams and 4 of them are already in serious rivalries so we're stuck with Ottawa or the Peg.

Trust me, even though the hockey sucks going to a game in a Football stadium is super fun. That's the problem though, it's fun for the fans but for us at home the game will suck. It will probably be a 2-1 game like most of them.

It three days we will have all the answers - why somebody is playing and somebody is not, who goes where, and will we try to make a play-offs or going to the rebuild.

For now let's watch the game and cheer for our team.

Archived