The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Conacher+Corvo on waivers

You guys aren't seeing the big picture... our Kesler replacement is lying right in front of us.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie2 mins

On waivers today: Trevor Smith (TOR), Jake Dowell (MIN), Corey Potter (EDM), Joe Corvo and Cory Conacher (OTT), Derek Smith (CGY) plus...

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie2 mins

Scott Gomez and Scot Clemmensen (FLA) also on waivers.

:bigblush:

Hold on - Clemmenson was sent down... Luongo to FLA?

That was the most important part of the waivers notice for me as well. This is a bit of a signal for teams that could be making room and Florida dropping a goalie and center on waivers plus trading a D in Weaver means making some space for sure. It may have to wait until Clemmenson clears, but they haven't called up a goalie yet either based on the AHL transaction list. Markstrom and Houser are both still with San Antonio as far as I can tell.

Can Buffalo trade a player after picking them up off of waivers? I'd like to see them claim him and the flip him to Pittsburgh for a fourth round pick.

Short answer is no. If they wanted to trade a player in the same season they'd claimed them off waivers they'd have to first offer the player to any team behind them in the standings that also put in a claim.

That was the most important part of the waivers notice for me as well. This is a bit of a signal for teams that could be making room and Florida dropping a goalie and center on waivers plus trading a D in Weaver means making some space for sure. It may have to wait until Clemmenson clears, but they haven't called up a goalie yet either based on the AHL transaction list. Markstrom and Houser are both still with San Antonio as far as I can tell.

They are, as far as I can tell as well.

Plus, they sent down Gomez. So, Weaver, Gomez, Clemmenson out. Who's in?

Archived