The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade Luongo to the Panthers

"The Heritage Classic may have been the catalyst in Roberto Luongo's move out of Vancouver, according to his agent Pat Brisson.

Luongo, long the subject of trade rumours, was benched in favour of Eddie Lack on Sunday against the Ottawa Senators, and Brisson said he was then given the green light to explore other options for his client."

If in fact true, I'm thrilled with Tortorella's timing here. Lit a fire under Brisson to get his job done.

gold

I thought that was pretty funny. I believe it did come after Luo referred to him as "Tiny Tim".

The rest of that interview was pretty 'respectful' however

Tim, do you think you could co-exist with Roberto?

"Yeah. Of course. He's a good goalie...and from everything I've heard about him he's got good character."

Do you want to stay here?

"Yeah, but now I've got to see the situation. See what they're thinking. I'd like to check in with Dale before commenting."

"I'm looking forward to it. It should be fun."

"I wasn't an enemy of him....We're both pros."

http://nesn.com/2014...d-to-be-pumped/

Evidently Tallon thought better of experimenting with one of these guys backing the other up...

I thought that was pretty funny. I believe it did come after Luo referred to him as "Tiny Tim".

The rest of that interview was pretty 'respectful' however

Tim, do you think you could co-exist with Roberto?

"Yeah. Of course. He's a good goalie...and from everything I've heard about him he's got good character."

Do you want to stay here?

"Yeah, but now I've got to see the situation. See what they're thinking. I'd like to check in with Dale before commenting."

"I'm looking forward to it. It should be fun."

"I wasn't an enemy of him....We're both pros."

http://nesn.com/2014...d-to-be-pumped/

Evidently Tallon thought better of experimenting with one of these guys backing the other up...

$'s still a consideration? It is still Florida... Why pay for two vet goalies on a non play off team when you can get some futures back.

$'s still a consideration? It is still Florida... Why pay for two vet goalies on a non play off team when you can get some futures back.

Meh. Why not wait until the offseason then?

Luo 5.3

Thomas' 2.5

Ellis' 900k

I don't think it was the money as much as the potential gong show - and the likelihood that Thomas wanted to go somewhere with potential. Do you acquire Luo and then make him compete with Thomas? Probably not.

52 saves for Lu tonight against SJ. Had the Panthers under siege in the third, outshooting them 29-2.

Luongo was just outstanding... He really does thrive when you play him more and he faces more shots. Florida won 3-2. Really shows you what a goalie can do, imagine if we had him in the islanders game or Tampa or captials game? We would be in a playoff spot. Thanks canucks management team :)

"Lu played well," Sharks captain Joe Thornton said. "He made some good stops. That's what he does. He's a world-class goalie. I thought we could do a little bit better getting in his eyes but he played well."

"You could tell he was just on his game from the beginning," Pirri said of Luongo. "It's pretty impressive what he can do. We probably would have liked to give him a little more help. He's the best goalie in the world for a reason."

Archived