The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LUONGO TRADED to Florida - Official Discussion Thread

-SN-

I'm shocked. It's been talked about for so long but it's hard to believe that it's actually happened. It'll be weird to not have Luongo as our goalie.

I can't believe we gave away Schneider and Luongo for...not a whole lot in return. I feel like this team is in for a full-on implosion. It's gonna be a long, painful road.

It has been such a volatile period of Canucks history. The Luongo era is hard to recap. To me it feels like Luongo embraced his team mates and the Canucks organization, but not the city. His kids were not born here and he always saw Florida as still being home. Like he just said today, "I'm going home."

So thanks Lu for all the memories. Good luck to you. Welcome home.

He's the best goalie we've ever had, but at the same time I get it. He's wanted out for a while, and we've gotta start getting younger.

Thanks for the memories Luo, there were some bad ones but there were a bunch of great ones too!

:(

Lots of people, including me, will say that McLean was better.

from top 2 top goalies to 2 rookies. Get ready for long playoff drought.

not renewing my season tix. Been a holder since 2000.

meh, we were headed for one anyways. Gillis has screwed up this team a great deal. Thanks to the ridiculous contract and NTC he gave Lu, he made him next to worthless on the trade market.

Gillis better pull a rabbit out of his hat, even though, we all know it's unlikely.

Gillis needs to go!

meh, we were headed for one anyways. Gillis has screwed up this team a great deal. Thanks to the ridiculous contract and NTC he gave Lu, he made him next to worthless on the trade market.

Gillis better pull a rabbit out of his hat, even though, we all know it's unlikely.

Gillis needs to go!

Gillis needs to go!

Kind of sad. I was hoping he win a cup here as a Canuck.

Happy that Lou is getting out of the circus here in van and to the team of his choice after enduring so much bs here. He is a class act and will be missed more than most realise.

Gillis has to be made accountable for this mess. We gave up two of the leagues best goalies for Bo Horvat (nothing against Bo but come on!) and frankly that just isn't acceptable. We have squandered two of the biggest assets this club has had in sometime, it scares me to think what will happen on any Kesler trade.

Archived