The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MH370 - Presumed Lost in Indian Ocean, Possible Debris Spotting in Reunion

Brad Marchand

If it is sabatoge or hijacking, how can a few people outsmart the entire world's intelligence? Baffling.

So if plane flew for about 4 hrs after turning off transponder, most likely passengers didn't know anything was wrong or else some would try to txt/call on cell phone, right? Question, do cell phones work in that altitude?

Other thing is that it seems like US has some intelligence but cannot or won't divulge how they have this information. You think in post 9-11 and what Snowden divulged, a terrorist can't go pee without the US knowing about it.

Also, I don't think it has been mentioned but there were 20 key Freescale Semiconductor employees on board the plane.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tech-company-missing-plane-2014-3

I read that there were employees from 5 major defense contractor companies on board from a number of countries.Two of those companies were Chinese (ZT/Huawei) and were considered national security risks to the US and some of them shared intel/info with Iran (ZTE)

Huawei, ZTE Employees Among Passengers on Missing Plane

This stinks bad. It actually stunk since the photoshopped Iranians with the same legs were put on display.

If it is sabatoge or hijacking, how can a few people outsmart the entire world's intelligence? Baffling.

So if plane flew for about 4 hrs after turning off transponder, most likely passengers didn't know anything was wrong or else some would try to txt/call on cell phone, right? Question, do cell phones work in that altitude?

Other thing is that it seems like US has some intelligence but cannot or won't divulge how they have this information. You think in post 9-11 and what Snowden divulged, a terrorist can't go pee without the US knowing about it.

By being part of, or supported by some of the world's intelligence?

the plane wreckage will be found in the bay of bengal.

you heard it here first!

Everyone is searching for wreckage, I say the plane is still intact somewhere. The people who hijacked this plane knew what they were doing, they turned off the transponders, the veered it onto a predetermined flight path to a certain destination, I doubt these are some random bush league hijackers. I think they had a destination for this plane, and also there is an airport in the Andaman islands that could land and refuel this plane, interestingly enough, the airport is closed at night which would make it easy to land undetected.

Everyone is searching for wreckage, I say the plane is still intact somewhere. The people who hijacked this plane knew what they were doing, they turned off the transponders, the veered it onto a predetermined flight path to a certain destination, I doubt these are some random bush league hijackers. I think they had a destination for this plane, and also there is an airport in the Andaman islands that could land and refuel this plane, interestingly enough, the airport is closed at night which would make it easy to land undetected.

i agree the plane was most likely hi-jacked, but i believe that it was attempting to get to pakistan/india etc and ran out of fuel and crashed somewhere in the bay of bengal just past the andaman islands...following the route after the last engine ping.

Of course im just speculating/guessing and have no evidence to back up my theory. ;)

i agree the plane was most likely hi-jacked, but i believe that it was attempting to get to pakistan/india etc and ran out of fuel and crashed somewhere in the bay of bengal just past the andaman islands...following the route after the last engine ping.

Of course im just speculating/guessing and have no evidence to back up my theory. ;)

I know, but the plane had 7 hours of fuel and that destination is well within range.

I would post a pic but for some reason CDC won't let me... this might work

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bil83mPCUAAsvAf.jpg:large

I also find it interesting that no distress signal was given unless its being held from us. Ever since 9/11 the doors from the cockpit are sealed tight, they would have at least sent a warning to the people on the ground if there was trouble. I think its possible that the pilots themselves may have hijacked the plane unless they opened the doors during the flight for some reason.

if the pilots were being held hostage and told to fly the plane, they may have struggled at some point and lost control of the aircraft.

im not buying the battery theory either.

can they ditch fuel in mid flight or is that just something you see in movies?

I know, but the plane had 7 hours of fuel and that destination is well within range.

I also find it interesting that no distress signal was given unless its being held from us. Ever since 9/11 the doors from the cockpit are sealed tight, they would have at least sent a warning to the people on the ground if there was trouble. I think its possible that the pilots themselves may have hijacked the plane unless they opened the doors during the flight for some reason.

Good point. If they have enough fuel to fly to Beijing they have enough to fly to lots of places.

I'm not sure if the international aviation security standards is as high as North America's.

To hijack a 777 and land it in a big enough airport and hide it from everyone is a tall task. If it was truly hijacked then it has been one hell of an operation. Maybe the 'ground crew' has already painted the plane to another set of brand/colours so no one would be able to detect it from a distance.

EDIT: The Uighurs are unlikely candidates to perform this level of sophisticated job... I mean, they went on the streets with knives and stabbed people.

Good point. If they have enough fuel to fly to Beijing they have enough to fly to lots of places.

I'm not sure if the international aviation security standards is as high as North America's.

To hijack a 777 and land it in a big enough airport and hide it from everyone is a tall task. If it was truly hijacked then it has been one hell of an operation. Maybe the 'ground crew' has already painted the plane to another set of brand/colours so no one would be able to detect it from a distance.

EDIT: The Uighurs are unlikely candidates to perform this level of sophisticated job... I mean, they went on the streets with knives and stabbed people.

It is a tall task for sure. And I wonder if the engines 'pings' could be deactivated once it lands, otherwise they might still be able to track it. It also depends on the hijackers motives. Did they want the people in the plane for some reason? Did they want the plane itself? If they had help on the ground there is no telling what they could have done, they could have landed on some long dirt road in the middle of no where for all we know. Two things they would need though: A building big enough to hide the plane and jet fuel to refuel it, I don't think a runway/road would be too hard to find. If they just wanted the hostages for ransom, the story would likely be kept quiet while they negotiate and/or try to rescue them.

There is also a theory, considering who was on board, that the plane could have been hijacked by an AWACS via remote control.

EDIT: I personally am leaning more and more towards some type of military or intelligence links to this incident.

There is also a theory, considering who was on board, that the plane could have been hijacked by an AWACS via remote control.

EDIT: I personally am leaning more and more towards some type of military or intelligence links to this incident.

AWACS?

I can't imagine it being in the ocean at this point. Why would whoever obviously had control of the plane fly it for an extra 4 to 5 hours only then to crash it in some random part of the ocean? Why not just crash it right away? Why not fly it into something? Are they just suicidal trolls looking to jerk around the international community at as well? I don't buy that.

if the pilots were being held hostage and told to fly the plane, they may have struggled at some point and lost control of the aircraft.

im not buying the battery theory either.

can they ditch fuel in mid flight or is that just something you see in movies?

Yes they can. They do it to lose weight mid-flight.

Archived