The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MH370 - Presumed Lost in Indian Ocean, Possible Debris Spotting in Reunion

Brad Marchand

If this was found by the Chinese on March 9th, why did they not release is sooner?

speculation by cnn host that they want to be careful as not to be embarrassed. but the image quality released to the media is quite poor, and they suspect the government had better resolution pics on hand.

Haven't seen this posted yet.

KUALA LUMPUR, March 13 — Malaysian police and Interpol are combing through the personal backgrounds of passengers and crew of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, and have confirmed they are taking a close look at a 35-year-old passenger of Uighur descent.

“We are not saying that he is involved in terrorism, suspected of sabotaging or hijacking the plane, it’s just that more attention is on him because of his background and we feel that there are important elements that have to be looked at,” the source was quoted as saying.

According to the man’s curriculum vitae (CV) found online, he is a PhD holder and is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, at a Turkish university.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/as-search-for-mh370-continues-police-take-close-look-at-uighur-passenger-cr

I find peoples paranoia and conspiracy theories to be fascinating...

a plane has gone missing, and thru a combination of extreme incompetence by the malay authorities, and the wreckage not being found people are assuming its zomg aliens!! terrorists!!!!!!!!1111, Bermuda triangle!!!1 and many other theories...

I refer you to the air france plane that vanished recently as well

http://en.wikipedia....ance_Flight_447

that looked like similar circumstances, Except the French didn't bungle the entire operation. found some parts of the wreckage early, and found the entire wreckage couple years later under deeper ocean depths.

and nobody knew what had happened to the plane untll the black box was recovered

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened here.

a plane part malfunction In combination with pilot error/incorrect responses.

of course that boring theory is nowhere as sexy as aliens!!! and terrorists!!!1

Does it hurt you that you have no idea what actually happened either? Its all complete speculation, don't act like you are holier than thou. There is no evidence to support any theory at this time.

Wow.

"We're not saying he might've done this because of his background but we definitely think it's important enough to mention"

Not official at all. I've been trying to find another source.

There's only 1 Uigur name on the passenger list, who is a popular artist with family waiting in Beijing. The same name matches the description of the engineer mentioned above. Probably a case of mistaken identity.

Planes cost so much, yet they cannot have a tracking device that tracks every second? I was hesring that sometimes it takes forever if it's going over oceans, and it can take up to 30 minutes to update or something along those lines.

I know they have that thing that pings for 30 days, but with the technology today, why cant they have a "black box" that tracks the plane at all times.

I know nothing about planes so my comments could be very inaccurate.

Planes cost so much, yet they cannot have a tracking device that tracks every second? I was hesring that sometimes it takes forever if it's going over oceans, and it can take up to 30 minutes to update or something along those lines.

I know they have that thing that pings for 30 days, but with the technology today, why cant they have a "black box" that tracks the plane at all times.

I know nothing about planes so my comments could be very inaccurate.

This was mentioned this on CNN I think..

They have black boxes now that are constantly live but it's a matter of money when it comes to actually making this a reality for all airplanes. And when they say that, they mean hundreds of millions of dollars to equip all of the planes with these boxes and equip the ac towers with the proper equipment (or some mumbo jumbo like that). Also, it's even less likely to occur in Europe and in Asia because of the cost to implement all of this and some nations can't afford it. Lastly, for how rarely jumbo jets go missing, airliners don't think it's a necessity to do this anyway.

What I think is really stupid though is that the transponders can be turned on and off from inside the cockpit. Ex-pilots, officials, and what have you, assert there is absolutely no reason to have these turned off during flight unless your intention is to hide from radar (terrorists might do this). So why the pilots even have the option of doing this while flying is beyond me.

Does it hurt you that you have no idea what actually happened either? Its all complete speculation, don't act like you are holier than thou. There is no evidence to support any theory at this time.

that's pretty much what I said... there is absolutely no way to know what happened. and merely presented a highly plausible (yet little talked about) precedent. something similar to air france, But far too technical and "boring" to interest the media

the theories I personally object to are ones that point fingers at/incriminate deceased people who are in no position to defend themselves; without any proof whatsoever (a media specialty)

and absurd "theories" like aliens or some sort of Bermuda triangle thing

that's pretty much what I said... there is absolutely no way to know what happened. and merely presented a highly plausible (yet little talked about) precedent. something similar to air france, But far too technical and "boring" to interest the media

the theories I personally object to are ones that point fingers at/incriminate deceased people who are in no position to defend themselves; without any proof whatsoever (a media specialty)

and absurd "theories" like aliens or some sort of Bermuda triangle thing

Certainly a basic crash could have occurred, only problem is, no one can find a speck or wreckage anywhere. One would likely assume that the plane went down where the transponder was turned off. However we are now hearing reports that the Radar picked up the plane flying west back over Malaysia in a different flight pattern, further reports from CNN go to say the plane flew for at least four more hours after the transponder was deactivated. The plane had 7 hours of fuel left in its tank and could have landed in any number of places had it been hijacked. Based on what I've heard from CNN, I think the plane was hijacked, they deactivated the transponder, and took the plane and its passengers elsewhere. Granted the problem with that theory is where do you land a 777 without anyone noticing? I think the plane likely went down, but I wouldn't be surprised if further down the road the CIA release that the plane was indeed hijacked.

Certainly a basic crash could have occurred, only problem is, no one can find a speck or wreckage anywhere. One would likely assume that the plane went down where the transponder was turned off. However we are now hearing reports that the Radar picked up the plane flying west back over Malaysia in a different flight pattern, further reports from CNN go to say the plane flew for at least four more hours after the transponder was deactivated. The plane had 7 hours of fuel left in its tank and could have landed in any number of places had it been hijacked. Based on what I've heard from CNN, I think the plane was hijacked, they deactivated the transponder, and took the plane and its passengers elsewhere. Granted the problem with that theory is where do you land a 777 without anyone noticing? I think the plane likely went down, but I wouldn't be surprised if further down the road the CIA release that the plane was indeed hijacked.

The Malaysia/Philippines area have over 1000 islands among that region. Most islands aren't even named or are privately owned so it could be possible that the plane landed on one of those private islands, if it was hijacked, and the passengers and crew held hostage, and the plane refuelled and took off

Hmm something definitely stinks:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA280T020140309?irpc=932

"Tin foil hat" time. It is well known China has been aggressively hacking US tech firms. Is it out of the realm of possibility that they high jacked the plane knowing that these 20 very important engineers were on it and turned off the transponders and landed the plane somewhere? Freescale(The company that employed the 20 engineers) develops components for hi-tech weapons systems and aircraft navigation based out of Texas.

There are reports of fishermen that saw a plane flying very low over them "low enough that the lights were as big as coconuts". au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/21923358/search-for-malaysia-jet-widens-as-frustrations-grow/

i wonder why they arent talking about the guy on the oil rig in the china sea that said he saw a ball of flames the night the plane disappeared?

My thoughts exactly, and the email that he sent to his company with exact coordinates, almost the exact time the flight went missing, and literally exactly where it went missing off the radar.

I find it strange how all these reports are coming out, yet officials are going "nope, nope that didn't happen, and that? Nope that didn't happen either" Well what did happen then? "We're unsure at this time". I just find myself shaking my head, we're 5 days into this and they have nothing, nothing at all. I know Air France took 2 years, but correct me if I'm wrong, they seen signs of the wreckage right away did they not? This case they have nothing at all.

"Plane went thata way"

"Nope it turned back around"

"We're gonna go look over here"

And all this investigating people on board and people of interest, why don't we just put that on hold, find this damn plane, get our hands on the black box, THEN we can start pointing fingers if need be.

If this flight went down because of mechanical failure or something, all this effort they're putting in to "people of interest" is just a waiste of time and money.

Sorry for the rant but this is bugging me, this isn't some little bush plane were talking about, it's a Boeing 777 with 200+ peoples lives, I was expecting more information by now.

The Malaysia/Philippines area have over 1000 islands among that region. Most islands aren't even named or are privately owned so it could be possible that the plane landed on one of those private islands, if it was hijacked, and the passengers and crew held hostage, and the plane refuelled and took off

That is a possibility. They would have to go to great lengths to conceal the plane from prying satellite eyes. If there was a hijacking and hostage taking, I doubt they would go public with it before there was an attempted or successful rescue operation to prevent the hijackers from seeing them coming. WHo knows though, does anyone know if a plane could land and just sink in the ocean or would it float? You have to figure with all the surveillance and tracking technology the world is using, there had to be some way to seeing what happened or where it went. After 9/11, you would have to figure a 777 going missing is of concern to the DHS or CIA which is why I think there is more to this story then they are telling us.

Archived