The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Haula hit on Lehtonen

Honestly, I find players who are boneheads more dangerous than ones with malicious intent. He's skating hard as if he were at centre ice or something and doesn't even slow down at all. I would personally suspend stuff like that.

Should be 7 games. Made no effort to change his angle and helmet to helmet+ injury.

7 or 0 games. Knowin how the league thinks

Give him 15, he had plenty of time then chose to commit that atrocious play.

Disgusting .

Sometimes players think they have the right to steamroll a goalie if they're cutting to the net. I've seen it before where no effort is made to avoid contact.

Did you guys even watch the video? How the hell is he supposed to avoid contact with the goalie on one leg? Booth drives harder to the net than this guy FFS. So dumb.

EDIT: Here's a better angle.

2yxowas.jpg

It was unintentional as his balance was clearly compromised by that leg sweep and it's basically impossible stop or control yourself on ice at high speeds on 1 leg with no stability.

If he gets suspended the NHL is making a mistake and might as well just suspend players who get pushed into goalies or change the rules to say players can't skate towards the net fast.

It was unintentional as his balance was clearly compromised by that leg sweep and it's basically impossible stop or control yourself on ice at high speeds on 1 leg with no stability.

If he gets suspended the NHL is making a mistake and might as well just suspend players who get pushed into goalies or change the rules to say players can't skate towards the net fast.

I thought it looked brutal but I agree .. I get people feel angered about it but that doesn't change the facts

Did you guys even watch the video? How the hell is he supposed to avoid contact with the goalie on one leg? Booth drives harder to the net than this guy FFS. So dumb.

EDIT: Here's a better angle.

2yxowas.jpg

Stop with his left foot... Or try to turn sharply. These guys are NHL'ers, I've seen them stop in shorter distances.

Archived