The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

George Strombolopoulous to be new CBC HNIC Host with Don Cherry

Danimal

Who needs to make fun of the CBC when they continue to make a joke of themselves all on their own?

From videojockey, to pseudo intellectual and now HNIC host.

Just when you thought the CBC couldn't possibly suck worse, or get more obnoxious......they find a way.

SN can't send this junker to the wrecker soon enough.

That is fracking atrocious. That moron and hockey?????

Okay CBC, you officiallly suck.

I quit hockey. Horrible, just horrible.

Who needs to make fun of the CBC when they continue to make a joke of themselves all on their own?

Just when you thought the CBC couldn't possibly suck worse, or get more obnoxious......they find a way.

Absolutely agree. He was a whiny sniveling kid who tried to hard to impress people with a list of memorized facts 20 years ago when he started on much music. He's still annoying and how they figure he qualifies as a hockey host is beyond me.

This was a Rogers hire, not a CBC one.

Strombo and the other lefties are jumping good ship CBC as that boat goes down. 5% viewership nationwide with the vast portion being HNIC. I give the guy credit for seeing the writing on the wall but you know what the saying is about rats and ships.

So instead of Ron Maclean's poetry reading, lame puns and Canucks hate we get tattoos, piercings, gay agenda and environmentalism. Why not bring in a hockey guy, no need for celebrities, pop culture hipness, etc. Can't wait for the hilarity of a MuchMusic style HNIC with Canadian pop music! LMAO.

More interested in whether SN-HNIC will offer a french broadcast.

Absolutely agree. He was a whiny sniveling kid who tried to hard to impress people with a list of memorized facts 20 years ago when he started on much music. He's still annoying and how they figure he qualifies as a hockey host is beyond me.

I love it when people hate on young peoples success. There is nothing wrong with a young kid trying to make a name for himself by memorizing facts. ended up getting him his own CBC show and now works for HNIC.

Tell me, what the hell are those other MuchMusic VJ's doing?

Nevermind that, what the hell are you doing?

"I love it when people hate on young peoples success. Nevermind that, what the hell are you doing?"

Right. because success and fame are the most important things in life! And we all must bow to celebrities because they are SO much better than us. Go back to playing mass murder video games while sexting on your phone.

"I love it when people hate on young peoples success. Nevermind that, what the hell are you doing?"

Right. because success and fame are the most important things in life! And we all must bow to celebrities because they are SO much better than us. Go back to playing mass murder video games while sexting on your phone.

Way to complete twist what I said. You even did the typical media-idiot thing and picked apart my writing to make it fit your completely ignorant and pessimistic view of the world.

I hope your life has filled you with enough joy so that all this fellow human bashing feels worthy.

• 4 months later...

Archived