The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

George Strombolopoulous to be new CBC HNIC Host with Don Cherry

Danimal

Hopefully this means Rogers is unhappy with the way the clowns at HNIC conduct themselves, and this is the first of many replacements. MacLean has been a disgrace to his country ever since his hatchet job on Burrows. When Don Cherry is openly mocking the guy on the air for his complete lack of professionalism, it's time to replace him.

Next on the chopping block: Stock, Healy, Hrudy, Lee, Weekes

Strombo does do a good interview...It's a bit of a "weird"/left field choice but I guess we'll see how he does. I'm willing to go in with an open mind on him and give him a chance.

Now if they'd just do something about the rest of that awful panel. Watching Stock slurp his way through some stupid opinion (while constantly looking at his notes) or Healy go on a coke induced rant is just painful TV. Kevin (very) Weekes is probably the least offensive of them and that's not saying much.

Gerry Dee

That would be such an awesome choice, but I'm pretty sure he's busy with Mr. D and his comedy tours.

Gerry Dee is hilarious though, I enjoy watching him on Mr. D and back when he was on The Score.

Also I hope they fire PJ Stock, but it looks like they are moving him towards the Sportsnet channels.

Strombo is a loser. His guests routinely make fun of him, I remember Gordon Ramsay indirectly call him a fat slob. "At least I can see my twig and berries when I look down"

4 more years before this lame horse is put out to pasture. I recommend not watching, and instead remembering the show as it once was, like 15 years ago.

Just like Don Cherry made fun of MacLean?

Strombo is a loser. His guests routinely make fun of him, I remember Gordon Ramsay indirectly call him a fat slob. "At least I can see my twig and berries when I look down"

4 more years before this lame horse is put out to pasture. I recommend not watching, and instead remembering the show as it once was, like 15 years ago.

That reminds me of folk who look at friends who make fun of each other and go, "oh gee, why are you so rude to each other? someones parents didn't raise you right!"

People polk fun at each other. Life is better that way.

I like Ron McLean more than anyone else at CBC. I guess the Harpercrits funding cuts are really working hard to destroy the peoples broadcaster. Once Ron is forced out then they will say ratings are down..then they will cut HNIC altogether, the flagship program of the CBC. Then its on to the real agenda: destroying the CBC.

I like Ron McLean more than anyone else at CBC. I guess the Harpercrits funding cuts are really working hard to destroy the peoples broadcaster. Once Ron is forced out then they will say ratings are down..then they will cut HNIC altogether, the flagship program of the CBC. Then its on to the real agenda: destroying the CBC.

You do know that Rogers has bought the rights to the Canadian games next year so that HNIC will be a Rogers production, not a CBC one? They are being smart in keeping iconic things going (Ron and Don in Coach's Corner for example) but need to make their own mark (like bring in George to host).

Archived