The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NYI - 03/10/14 - 7:00PM

Strombone1

A team that can't protect a 3 goal lead in the third period when 2 crucial points are on the line, doesn't deserve to make the playoffs

Yep. This team is done. Time to bench Hank and call up all the folks from the farm. Let them get some games under their belt.

It's not lacks fault the D were watching the islanders skate right by them on the dump in. Perhaps if garrison knew how to skate he wouldn't have watched the opposing team fly by them

Shame Gillis does not know what superior skating abilities in a defense man does for a team.

Probably thinks he needs another 6'4" body that has no idea what to do with a puck.

Congrats everyone, we've ruined Eddie Lack.

Did you guys see the look in his eyes? That's what happens when you trade your allstar goalie and force a rookie in to the spotlight of a hockey-mad city.

The guy is emotionally DONE

Exactly. This is easily my biggest concern. This organization is going to destroy this kids confidence within the next month. You wait.

Exactly. This is easily my biggest concern. This organization is going to destroy this kids confidence within the next month. You wait.

The guy has a pretty calm demeanor and knows how to bounce back after bad games (see Dallas).

Dumb penalties and poor coverage cost us big time in this one.

This team needs a coach who didn't break out of Riverview recently.

It needs a captain with some passion and more goals than 1 in 23.

This team needs a defence that doesn't look lost out there.

This team needs everything but all their going to get is a lot of time off at the end of the regular season.

Oh yeah, and they need a general manager that doesn't trade away two excellent goalies for two green rookies.

The Canucks are the worst team in the NHL.

LOL. I ate the dinner after the second period, came back, sit in a sofa, and turned on the television back and what I saw was Islanders' celebrating for the goal, so I thought like "Ugh they scored one goal, Canucks should focus from now on". But the score was ???? 4-3. And I pinched my cheek to see whether I was dreaming or something but it was reality. Losing 3 goal lead by allowing 4 goals in first 5 minute of the period, these players must have mental problem.

This team needs a coach who didn't break out of Riverview recently.

It needs a captain with some passion and more goals than 1 in 23.

This team needs a defence that doesn't look lost out there.

This team needs everything but all their going to get is a lot of time off at the end of the regular season.

Oh yeah, and they need a general manager that doesn't trade away two excellent goalies for two green rookies.

The Canucks are the worst team in the NHL.

It's difficult to imagine a worse one.

toplel

really this has been the most entertaining game of hockey I have ever or most likely will ever see. Just empty both nets. What a farce. Defence can't skate and lack is downright awful. You could put a 16 year old in there and he would not allow 7 goals. I have never seen a goalie make so many technical errors, let alone an NHL one. At least the 16 year old would at least make an ATTEMPT to see through the traffic. At least the 16 year old would know how to look both ways before determining if he needs to move the puck behind the net. At least the 16 year old would square himself up better for those rollers. At least the 16 year old would reach for the damn puck travelling at about 70mph from a goddamn backhand near the blueline.

Lack is just a lazy goaltender with piss poor awareness. I can't believe torts didn't unload on this moron during the presser. If you have the balls to leave him in there after 3 goals in 3 minutes you better own up to that. Fire torts, fire gillis. Garbage team and even worse management.

Archived