The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT March 17th Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning 4:30 PM

Ryan kesler the beast

Fun story:

I play competitive intramural ball hockey at UVic, and I happened to be playing against Stamkos' brother who was playing in goal.

I'm a lefty, which is the opposite of Stamkos. I had received a one-time pass in the right slot (the opposite side of Stamkos' signature spot), I took the slap shot, and he absolutely robbed me with the glove upstairs.

When the whistle blew, I walked past him before play resumed and I said to him: "Did your brother teach you how to stop those one timers?" He thought it was funny and laughed.

I thought it was pretty cool.

Not at all. I'm saying I've noticed lack sometimes has a tough time crossing over post to post. No one else noticed?

A bang bang play with the best sniper in the league sitting on the door step, and you decide to criticize Lack's lateral movement?

Not too many goalies in the league stop that, if any.

OK, wth? Happened again...things going along nicely. Driving home, game on, we're doing ok. PP - close but no cigar (Edler).

Then I RUN (literally, bad knee and all) into the veggie market for potatoes and get back into the car and we're down a goal. How'd that happen?

Note to self...do not leave the game unattended.

Let's go boys...tie it up quickly and get right back in it.

Archived