The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Season's over

The Magician

there is 5 other guys on a nightly basis playing just as bad all you got to back up your Edler hate is a plus/minus stat which is meaningless

the only difference is the other guys have a partner or goalie to cover up their mistakes Edler doesn't get this benefit

Either that or Edler's been so terrible that no partner can make up for his defensive play.

Well, post Luongo era is here. At least now we've finally shown that the problem wasn't him and that he was holding down the fort for the last two years.

I agree - time to clean house. If the Sedin's won't take a paycut, ship them out for picks. 4 million each, max.

Two shorthanded chances in the same powerplay.

How anyone can be blaming Lack for any of this right now is ridiculous.

This team has quit, what part of that do some people not get?

haha not only that the rule is pretty clear that the goalie plays the shooter and the Ds job is to break up the pass.... not to mention it was only a 2 on 1 from rick nash to st louis .... not like they are big time players or anything i bet 99% of other goalies wouldve easily saved it hahaha

Well, post Luongo era is here. At least now we've finally shown that the problem wasn't him and that he was holding down the fort for the last two years.

I agree - time to clean house. If the Sedin's won't take a paycut, ship them out for picks. 4 million each, max.

This isn't the NFL. They CANT take a paycut.

should we even bother discussing this

two 7 minute pp back to back games like come on has to be first in NHL history

The 7 min 5 on 3 was the kicker. Don't think that'll ever happen again.

And I still don't know how Hansen got his.... oh ha.... Devorski was mad at us.

Well, good effort. Tough pass on that shorty........

Was hoping the boys would best AV's squad tonight, but oh how the story goes. Burr possible suspension?? Controversy never ends, been a tough couple of seasons for the home team. And the big wheel keeps on turnin.

G'night Nuck fans!!!!

Penalty assessed to #14 Alexandre Burrows.

5 minute major for a hit resulting in an injury to an opposing player.

Rule 42.3 Major Penalty: A major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, shall be imposed on any player who uses his elbow to foul an opponent. A major penalty must be imposed under this rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent (see 45.5). If the player is a member of the Vancouver Canucks, a major penalty will automatically be assessed without regard to the foul's severity or lack thereof. A game misconduct penalty may also be assessed if deemed necessary (known as the "Nathan Horton Clause")

:lol:

Either that or Edler's been so terrible that no partner can make up for his defensive play.

look at the turnovers on this team and how many times Bieksa try's and play forward and fails or the lazy back check of Hamhuis and Garrison

the only reason people single out Edler is his plus/minus when nobody other than Tanev has had a good season just him the rest have been inconsistent and terrible on a nightly basis

haha not only that the rule is pretty clear that the goalie plays the shooter and the Ds job is to break up the pass.... not to mention it was only a 2 on 1 from rick nash to st louis .... not like they are big time players or anything i bet 99% of other goalies wouldve easily saved it hahaha

Which is why I blamed Edler (the defenseman who did a good impression of a pylon), because it was HIS responsibility.

Archived