The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis Team 1040 Interview

Cold Hard Truth

What context have ever provided? I may have missed that post? Sure others have I can agree with that.

There's been numerous posts, so yes apparently you missed them or more likely ignored them as per the criteria I posted above.

Yes. But instead of public humiliation, why not try ignoring them? Or having a good ole fashioned sparring of the wits?

Saying that no one takes them seriously comes off as disingenuous.

Battle of wits...unarmed men etc, etc...

I never said no one ;)

I sure wish this foul carcass of a season could be buried to make way for 2014-2015.

That I certainly agree with.

Yeah....we all get it man....you're completely and utterly in love with Mike Gillis and everything he has done....you've mentioned this in literally hundreds of posts...you'd probably marry him if you had the chance...you probably have pictures of him all over your house...in your next post you'll tell us all about his plan to win the Cup next year AND draft Connor McDavid...old news indeed...

What rudeness .. we get it .. you hate Gillis and others opinions and 'illuminations'.

There's been numerous posts, so yes apparently you missed them or more likely ignored them as per the criteria I posted above.

Enlighten me, pull one up.

All I've ever seen from you is short posts taking stabs at others without talking about any of your own ideas.

Yes. But instead of public humiliation, why not try ignoring them? Or having a good ole fashioned sparring of the wits?

Saying that no one takes them seriously comes off as disingenuous.

nuck nit's opening comment didn't really leave you a lot of room for the high ground option

I still think that Gillis gets another year.

My immediate concern with Gillis is the resurrection of possession hockey with the focal point the Twins who might not/cannot be the leaders of this club. Resigned to 4 year deals at arguably top dollars. I thought at the beginning of the season that the Twins could morph into 3rd liners to end their careers but after this season I doubt that is in the books. At 33 can they form the core of a 1st or 2nd line? Perhaps for a year or two but not long enough to be a CUP contender again. IF that is the case then should this team be spending the ice time on younger talent?

Torts:

I don't think a coach should rip a player in public. I don't think he should throw his hands up, roll his eyes or turn his back on players. How does a coach admit that he does not know anything about an opposing team he is playing that night. Torts says he is focused on his team and what they want to do not the other team. I have never heard about a coach that did not scout another team for weaknesses to exploit. The biggy for me was watching the Twins and Kesler playing above 25 minutes TOI last fall. Kesler close to 28 minutes one game. A key point in the season was the trip down to Cali just prior to the outburst at the Flamer dressing room. Something happened where it appears Torts lost the dressing room.

Just as an aside I said at the time of the dressing room incident that it was very apparent that what ever Hartley was doing in Calgary was obviously working. That team did not win a lot of games but no fan could say that team ever gave up on their coach or themselves. I cannot say that about Vancouver.

I'd comment on your discussion but I think anyone with half an attention span will already know what side I come in on.

If there are really CDC battle lines being drawn, count me in.

Could be like 'debate teams' .. B)

Enlighten me, pull one up.

All I've ever seen from you is short posts taking stabs at others without talking about any of your own ideas.

I agree. Conversation destroyer, he's like an uncommissioned bodyguard for his mates he mentioned earlier.

well if this is our guy .. lets he that this year was just an aberration .. I like Mike .. Im guessing if I had a beer with him , Id like him a lot more than i do in interviews .. I just hope he gets it right ..

Gillis is Irish. For us there is no such thing as one beer.

Archived