The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

23 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I don't get too upset seeing that from a guy like Smoak- at this point in his career, what you see is what you get and what you get isn't a ton of emphasis on the 'ol BA. Martin though...should know better. This is a guy who's spent some time as a leadoff hitter in his career but sometimes his pitch selection is just crap.

I wasn't really upset with Smoak for the K. But Martin should have been looking for the hook after watching the two previous batters get one when they got to 2 strikes. 

Martin still looks to me like he's trying to go yard all the time. Shorten up the swing and take it up the middle. Zeke, Tulo and JD showed everyone the way yesterday. I wonder if anyone noticed?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wasn't really upset with Smoak for the K. But Martin should have been looking for the hook after watching the two previous batters get one when they got to 2 strikes. 

Martin still looks to me like he's trying to go yard all the time. Shorten up the swing and take it up the middle. Zeke, Tulo and JD showed everyone the way yesterday. I wonder if anyone noticed?

Been noticing this since last year in his approach, especially in playoffs which pissed me off.

13 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Holy crap. What's gotten into Zeke. Guys on fire 

Unreal..hotter than a pistol..catches..hits....6 for 6...homer....probably dry up soon but at this rate Saunders will never get back in.. although he is hitting over 300.

• Upvote 1

Was there any clarification from when Colabello tested positive? As in was it only from the beginning of this season? Have they found out anything from his last season? Because his performance and this result would seem to indicate the worst. His whole story last year where he came up from irrelevance to being the hitter that he was a happy one, so I hate having that taken away.

Well that, and our first base situation looks worse without him. I suppose it isn't that difficult to fill up that spot, but I don't want to see Smoak there in an every day capacity.

The joke I heard that made me chuckle was the thought of whether or not Colabello was taking reverse steroids this year. 2/29 with 2 walks, 1 RBI, and 0 runs. Yikes. All that said about feeling sorry for him, I don't feel any sympathy though.

11 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Jays are starting to look like what we were waiting for.

I do hope so. But what I'm seeing 20 games in is a team that's flirting with inconsistency between monster games and days where the team just forgets that they don't have it off. A team that's hovering being slightly below and above .500. So typical Blue Jays baseball.

Hopefully these last 2 games are a better indication of what's to come. This is when the team is just fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Was there any clarification from when Colabello tested positive? As in was it only from the beginning of this season? Have they found out anything from his last season? Because his performance and this result would seem to indicate the worst. His whole story last year where he came up from irrelevance to being the hitter that he was a happy one, so I hate having that taken away.

Well that, and our first base situation looks worse without him. I suppose it isn't that difficult to fill up that spot, but I don't want to see Smoak there in an every day capacity.

The joke I heard that made me chuckle was the thought of whether or not Colabello was taking reverse steroids this year. 2/29 with 2 walks, 1 RBI, and 0 runs. Yikes. All that said about feeling sorry for him, I don't feel any sympathy though.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I remember a mention somewhere online that the drug in question was a "recovery" drug. (Which of course, could be almost anything^_^)

I'm thinking it may have been something he took after an injury. Maybe a pain killer that he didn't realize was on the list...

As far as Smoak being the everyday 1B, I think we'll see Edwing get some starts there as well, although the way Zeke is playing, the Jays might think of giving him some infield practice...

1 hour ago, g_bassi13 said:

Apparently Montero is absolutely raking in Buffalo, so there is depth there.

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Apparently Montero is absolutely raking in Buffalo, so there is depth there.

I totally missed that we even picked him up, lol. I remember the promise he had with the Yankees, and I was at least excited for his prospects with the Mariners.

Good to see that he's getting his career back together though. Wasn't Montero himself suspended for PED's a few years back?

48 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I totally missed that we even picked him up, lol. I remember the promise he had with the Yankees, and I was at least excited for his prospects with the Mariners.

Good to see that he's getting his career back together though. Wasn't Montero himself suspended for PED's a few years back?

Yep, he was.