The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I realize that, but if you're winning and your catcher is hitting less than a buck, and holding it down behind the plate, it's not a problem (as with Cleveland right now) - but if you're losing, your play behind the plate is one thing (somehow I doubt Martin would be happy in general) but you still need your bat to do some talking, regardless.

Yeah I can't argue with that, and I'd agree with you - I doubt he's happy right now. It's one thing for someone to blame calls, and another to say we've got to be better. I respect the latter much more. 

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Carrera is clutching himself into the hearts of Jays fans.

I think Carrera has won himself a starting job next season..if he comes back..his contract is up as is Saunders and JB...the Jays outfield could have a whole new look next year..Upton will be back if not traded...his contract goes up next year to 16 mil...doubt the Jays want to pay that

Ye so far the Jays deserve to lose this game and series. I'm not even mad at this point. 

Couldn't ask for a better opportunity and their botching the chance. Big bats all trying to play hero. I know they never bunt but just make contact ffs against these relievers. Going at it full swing clearly hasn't worked this series so simmer down a bit and try hitting a single/double for a change.

Embarrassing.

Just now, TheRussianRocket. said:

Ye so far the Jays deserve to lose this game and series. I'm not even mad at this point. 

Couldn't ask for a better opportunity and their botching the chance. Big bats all trying to play hero. I know they never bunt but just make contact ffs against these relievers. Going at it full swing clearly hasn't worked this series so simmer down a bit and try hitting a single/double for a change.

Embarrassing.

well..if they lose today...its over...they have played like little leaguers....Im like you...if they dont pick it up...the bloom is off the rose for me

Edited by ShakyWalton

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

well..if they lose today...its over...they have played like little leaguer....Im like you...if they dont pick it up...the bloom is off the rose for me

Worst part is this is as winnable of a game any team could ever be gifted. All they have to do is adjust to make contact against a bullpen game and they win. 

Just shaking my head rn..

Hate to say it but if Jays lose this game, the series is over. No way they win 4 in a row against Cleveland. This is their chance to get a W with Bauer coming out 2 batters in and so far it's been a pathetic performance offensively. Stro made too many mistakes as well and he knows it. Really frustrating right now. Hope they can get it together and rally.