The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Team needs a re-thingy.

Gaussman and Manoah are the top two pitchers, but Berrios has been either good or bad, no in between

Stripling has been great

Ryu was horrid

Kikuchi- imo has until the end of the season to get turned around or should be released/traded/waived/ whatever if he doesn't get it back together.

Bull pen has been a mixed bag as well, some really good performances from Romano, and Cimber(mostly), but others have been kind of meh/average?

Need some more left handed batters.

Catcher has been a position of strength, I could see any of those guys traded, but would prefer to keep Kirk, and Marino over Jansen- who is a fine catcher, but one has to give in order to get.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread- Bo needs some more /better coaching training on his defense.

Is any Blue Jay in the top 5 rated for his position?

or a few in the top 10?

• Upvote 1

I feel sorry for those that paid for tickets to see this weekend series. They deserve a refund. What a dumpster fire, that was beyond frustrating. Hope the manager rips these players apart behind closed doors as this was a fucking embarrassment. 

I stand by my prediction they will just miss out on the wild card. Tampa Bay, Seattle and Baltimore are all better and more consistent  teams than the Jays. The Jays are not a playoff team.

• Upvote 1

Waste of time watching this team. The offense is super ice cold. So many wasted opportunities with men on base. Terrible time to be slumping this badly. It won't surprise me if they get swept by the Cubs. The Jays suck right now.

That dinger by Vladdy shows you why the book on him is to keep the ball down....That might have been the first strike he's seen at the top of the zone in days.....and he did that with it.

Opposing teams are going to throw everything at the bottom of the zone and outside, off the plate moving forward. Vladdy has to realize this and take his walks instead of swinging at pitches that he can't do anything with....and if someone makes a mistake like Rucker did last night....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That dinger by Vladdy shows you why the book on him is to keep the ball down....That might have been the first strike he's seen at the top of the zone in days.....and he did that with it.

Opposing teams are going to throw everything at the bottom of the zone and outside, off the plate moving forward. Vladdy has to realize this and take his walks instead of swinging at pitches that he can't do anything with....and if someone makes a mistake like Rucker did last night....

spend the off season with his Dad.

Vlad Sr. might be able to teach how to hit the ball, from anywhere, like he used to do.

side note:

Buck seems to be giving out mixed and confusing messages.-again.

" Need to take a few"

" These guys are aggressive, no need to take pitches'".

" Bo's got plate discipline"

" Bo and Vladdy did alright last year on first pitches"---------------Yah, they did, but how is this year looking?

" Good job taking that pitch by Vladdy".

"have to take pitches and get the pitchers back into the strike zone"

Come on Buck make up your mind.

Starting to wonder if this will be Buck's last season.

12 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

I wish Matt Devlin(Raptors play by play)was the Jays full time play by play guy, he’s filled in a few times on the road mostly in Tampa, he has a good voice better than Schulman

The replacement for Dan will be his kid; might be the first time in broadcasting. sports

" Thanks for the keys Dad, later"

White is not a starter by any means. I have no idea why management didn't bother to add another back of the rotation arm. It pretty much is an automatic loss every time you trot him out. Are you sure you can't get anyone better from the minors?

Jays have a habit of making the opposing pitcher look like an ace. I am still not a believer in this team.

7 hours ago, gurn said:

spend the off season with his Dad.

Vlad Sr. might be able to teach how to hit the ball, from anywhere, like he used to do.

side note:

Buck seems to be giving out mixed and confusing messages.-again.

" Need to take a few"

" These guys are aggressive, no need to take pitches'".

" Bo's got plate discipline"

" Bo and Vladdy did alright last year on first pitches"---------------Yah, they did, but how is this year looking?

" Good job taking that pitch by Vladdy".

"have to take pitches and get the pitchers back into the strike zone"

Come on Buck make up your mind.

Starting to wonder if this will be Buck's last season.

That was the line that really made me shake my head....

Yes, both of those guys mashed first pitches last season.....and every team in the league knows it, Buck.....

It's pretty much SOP not to groove a first pitch fastball to a guy who's known for killing them....:rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Going the other way and taking the single is a lost art in general.

Can't remember which game it was, but it was in the series against the Angels.....the Jays were down by 3 or 4 runs late in the game and Springer is leading off....

The Angels are in the shift, so I'm thinking, "Perfect. Just serve one into right and hand the baton to Vladdy".....but that didn't happen. George swung hard and hit it right to the 3rd baseman.....

It's honestly baffling....so what if you go deep? You're still down a bunch. What you need is guys on base, FFS!

Same with guys who swing at the first pitch, in that situation.....WTF? Did they throw out the cardinal rulebook? :wacko: