The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not able to watch the Jays live right now, but I did see a replay of Chapman's HR. Anybody know why they didn't do the Home Run jacket?

Apparently someone simply forgot to go get it:

Anyway, I pity the person who has to cram this entire game into 30 minutes.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Muttley said:

18 - 11 more like a football score :lol:

I was watching the Yankees - Pirates right after the Jays game and the color man remarked that it sounded like the Argonauts against the Eagles....

Not that such a game could ever happen, but I was kind of impressed that he even knew about the Argos....

BTW: Pretty disappointing that the Pirates couldn't close the deal, with a 4 run lead going into the bottom of the 9th....<_<

• Upvote 1

Good grief, Berrios flat out sucks this year. It is looking like one bad contract the Jays will be stuck with. Hope they keep him in until his arm falls off or gets injured, way to burn the bullpen.

Calling it now, Rays will sweep the Jays as they usually do at the Trop or take 3 out of 4.

Edited by van_ws
  • Cheers 1

The Jays need to make sure they have a relief pitcher ready to go immediately, when Berrios pitches.

weird year

Lose Ryu

Basically lose Kikuchi

never sure if good Berrios or bad Berrios is showing up.

Yet still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, gurn said:

The Jays need to make sure they have a relief pitcher ready to go immediately, when Berrios pitches.

weird year

Lose Ryu

Basically lose Kikuchi

never sure if good Berrios or bad Berrios is showing up.

Yet still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Weird is right...

This is the time of year they should be deciding who will be their third starter in the playoffs, but judging by recent performance, neither Berrios nor Stripling want the job.

That being said, it was just one bad start by RS, so hopefully he bounces back in his next one and grabs that spot.

• Upvote 1

With the two last inning losses, the division title isn't a realistic goal anymore. Now it's all about where you finish up.

Basically, the only really bad result would be to finish with the #2 Wild Card spot.....the way this season has gone, that's likely where the Jays will finish up. <_<

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

With the two last inning losses, the division title isn't a realistic goal anymore. Now it's all about where you finish up.

Basically, the only really bad result would be to finish with the #2 Wild Card spot.....the way this season has gone, that's likely where the Jays will finish up. <_<

It's looking like they should worry about locking down WC3 and get in the playoffs first. I will believe it when they actually clinch. Orioles may make a run here. I know I sound like a broken record but the bullpen coughs up another lead. The third game in the last few days where this happened. Very big concern for the Jays.

Avoid the Rays at all costs. They own the Jays every year. 

51 minutes ago, van_ws said:

It's looking like they should worry about locking down WC3 and get in the playoffs first. I will believe it when they actually clinch. Orioles may make a run here. I know I sound like a broken record but the bullpen coughs up another lead. The third game in the last few days where this happened. Very big concern for the Jays.

Avoid the Rays at all costs. They own the Jays every year. 

The bullpen has been a bit shaky lately, but Yimi Garcia got absolutely hosed by the HP ump in this game. That missed third strike call looks like it might be the difference in this game.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: Bring in the automated strike zone....<_<

The shaky bullpen can be directly attributed to its high usage throughout the season, and they just dont have enough shutdown guys. This is management's fault for not getting a reliable 5th starter and also considering this team rarely ever wins any game comfortably enough to rest the bullpen. It is coming back to hurt the team.

The season has been filled with so much inconsistency it is maddening. Jays can't put good hitting and pitching in the same game.  What frustrates me is the talent is clearly there to be a contender but they can't put it together.

Alek Manoah, in his first full season, has been the best pitcher.

As great as that is for him, and the future;  it is extremely troublesome right now.

Alek has the 6th best era in the league @ 2.40

Gaussman is 27th at 3.32

Berrios is 47th @ 5.27

2 good pitchers out of 5 isn't going to cut it.