The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

51 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Oh its extremely frustrating to watch. They're all bringing the wrong approach to the plate. Each guy is trying to be the big dog and hit solo home runs. They got to calm their egos and put the ball in play. We pretty much have 4 guys on our roster that are pretty much auto outs right now.

Couldn't agree with you more

Game on already? I'll take it.

Of course the moment I tune in, Martin grounds into a DP. I hate that I like this guy so much. Wanting so badly for him to do well is worse than just hating the guy for doing poorly.

Carrera in for JB in RF, JB the DH, Encarnacion to 1B. Carrera did exactly what Smoak/Colabello have not been doing... taking strikes and working the pitch count. 

Edited by Down by the River

53 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Game on already? I'll take it.

Of course the moment I tune in, Martin grounds into a DP. I hate that I like this guy so much. Wanting so badly for him to do well is worse than just hating the guy for doing poorly.

Carrera in for JB in RF, JB the DH, Encarnacion to 1B. Carrera did exactly what Smoak/Colabello have not been doing... taking strikes and working the pitch count. 

I dont know why they are so intent on putting Carrera in....rather Pompey up and learning.

Why is the game on so early..I would have missed it completely...something to do with the Boston Marathon?

Edited by ShakyWalton

5 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

thats good news ..I cant wait for Travis to come back..get a little pop at 2nd base..as for Loup and Morales...I dont know where they are going to go when healthy..probably Loup for Venditte...but as for Morales its a pretty crowded pen right now.

Edited by ShakyWalton

7 minutes ago, Xbox said:

My guess is its on early due to NHL playoffs. It is in Boston though so that's probably not why, just my guess. 

Getting tired of Boston beating us already..

They just said its a holiday in Boston...Patriots Day...but an 11 am start is real early.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

thats good news ..I cant wait for Travis to come back..get a little pop at 2nd base..as for Loup and Morales...I dont know where they are going to go when healthy..probably Loup for Venditte...but as for Morales its a pretty crowded pen right now.

I really like Goins- he's an excellent fielder and typically you don't expect a ton of offence from your 2nd basemen, but if Travis can do what he was doing last year offensively he'll be a great asset to the team.

3 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I really like Goins- he's an excellent fielder and typically you don't expect a ton of offence from your 2nd basemen, but if Travis can do what he was doing last year offensively he'll be a great asset to the team.

thats for sure..I trul;y believe he would of won rookie of the year with a healty season...he was well on his way.

7 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

thats for sure..I trul;y believe he would of won rookie of the year with a healty season...he was well on his way.

Yeah he definitely would've been a strong candidate if he could've continued what he was doing. IIRC though, our last ROY was Eric Hinske and look how he turned out lol. My greatest memory of him was getting chirped on Twitter in June 2012.

me: "how Eric Hinske is still in the show is beyond me #washedup" or something along those lines.

his response: "st least I made it to the show, kid #neverwasbeen"

that stung a little. One of my roommates in college had a similar exchange with Zaun about his steroids a couple months before that

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Yeah he definitely would've been a strong candidate if he could've continued what he was doing. IIRC though, our last ROY was Eric Hinske and look how he turned out lol. My greatest memory of him was getting chirped on Twitter in June 2012.

me: "how Eric Hinske is still in the show is beyond me #washedup" or something along those lines.

his response: "st least I made it to the show, kid #neverwasbeen"

that stung a little. One of my roommates in college had a similar exchange with Zaun about his steroids a couple months before that

yeah Eric was a bit over rated to say the least but when he jerked one...it was gone.

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

yeah Eric was a bit over rated to say the least but when he jerked one...it was gone.

He did have an excellent rookie season, to be fair. He just couldn't replicate that success for the rest of his career. Funny how it seems to work that way in baseball more than other sports.

• Upvote 1

I think the big thing with Travis is that he's the Jays' best option for a leadoff guy. He's got more power (and a bit less speed) that the typical #1, but he's certainly more suited than Saunders and KP just seems much more comfortable hitting down the lineup.

You lose a bit of defense taking Goins out at 2nd, but until the team starts to get hits from someone besides the 2-3-4 guys, offense is more important.

Speaking of defense though, pretty nice play be Edwing on that ball down the line in the 5th. (just happened to catch that inning)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think the big thing with Travis is that he's the Jays' best option for a leadoff guy. He's got more power (and a bit less speed) that the typical #1, but he's certainly more suited than Saunders and KP just seems much more comfortable hitting down the lineup.

You lose a bit of defense taking Goins out at 2nd, but until the team starts to get hits from someone besides the 2-3-4 guys, offense is more important.

Speaking of defense though, pretty nice play be Edwing on that ball down the line in the 5th. (just happened to catch that inning)

I agree about Travis...I trhink it will be a while yet before we see him though...Im thinking around June.