The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Shameful losing to these scrubs twice in a row and the series too. Losing ground.

yep..they have a real problem with bottom feeders..should be picking up wins and they lose them all...Saunders is back in his slump I see..I really like Saunders but he goes on these slumps for games and its going to cost him a contract...he has done nothing for 4 games now..not hits.

21 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

With this loss we sit 4.5(5 if the Os win)games back of the division. And currently tied for the last wildcard spot with the Astros. 

Teams that are hot on our heals for the wild card are 

Tigers

White Sox

Royals

Mariners

Yankees

You mean 3.5 (4 if Os win)

47 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

With this loss we sit 4.5(5 if the Os win)games back of the division. And currently tied for the last wildcard spot with the Astros. 

Teams that are hot on our heals for the wild card are 

Tigers

White Sox

Royals

Mariners

Yankees

Lol

Its two games. Let's all relax a bit. Can certainly be frustrated with Shapiro and how you can look at his inaction to improve the team, but its not like this team has been bad for an extended stretch. They've still won 7 of their last 10 despite losing two in a row. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Its two games. Let's all relax a bit. Can certainly be frustrated with Shapiro and how you can look at his inaction to improve the team, but its not like this team has been bad for an extended stretch. They've still won 7 of their last 10 despite losing two in a row. 

There's no Panic. I'm just pointing out that it's gonna be a tough stretch and just about every series we have remaining could have playoff implications, so we can't be giving them away. It's a lot tougher to make the playoffs in the mlb. And thanks to that 2nd half miracle run last year, some folks think it'll be smooth sailing, but we've gotta right this ship.

2 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

There's no Panic. I'm just pointing out that it's gonna be a tough stretch and just about every series we have remaining could have playoff implications, so we can't be giving them away. It's a lot tougher to make the playoffs in the mlb. And thanks to that 2nd half miracle run last year, some folks think it'll be smooth sailing, but we've gotta right this ship.

yes...losing breeds losing..we dont need to go on a sloppy losing streak now...everyone loses a game..so...Im just hoping it was the All Star break.

Really interested in Rich Hills pitching today, guy is having a great season and depending on what I see today from him, I believe he would be a great asset for the Jays as a rental player. Perfet Dickey replacement, plus Hill is a lefty will have the option to sign next year if he does a good job. Still not sold on Gray for an impact on this years season, for the future Gray will be good, but right now he's having a horrible year and his control problems are bad.