The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

10 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I didnt know he isnt eligible for the playoffs...why is that,,same as Barney last year?

I really don't know tbh, was trying to figure it out, but can't seem too. Just read on top of the suspension he served that the punishment also doesn't allow him to play in playoffs.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

They said yesterday that they have pretty much found their 8th inning guy in Grilli...he has been nothing short of outstanding since his arrival...where Cecil has been nothing short of crappy..although he is a leftie...

This is why I would like to see them acquire Chapman for a rental player, having another lefty who can throw heat. Get ride of Storen and maybe and a prospect and a utility player.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

so is Carrera hurt..Barney in LF...I knew they would sit Saunders because of his 0 for 22 ...but Barney?

Saunders is out for personal reasons.

I really like Barney. Guy is hitting near .300 and is phenomenal in the infield with a history of playing in the outfield as well.

31 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

so is Carrera hurt..Barney in LF...I knew they would sit Saunders because of his 0 for 22 ...but Barney?

When we were discussing Lake's pathetic bunt attempt against the A's, I posted that Zeke wasn't available because he's been bothered by an achilles strain. He' s probably still dealing with it.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Saunders is out for personal reasons.

I really like Barney. Guy is hitting near .300 and is phenomenal in the infield with a history of playing in the outfield as well.

its obvious that the Jays like him too when you have  Burns an OF sitting on the bench..is Saunders not even dressed today..I tuned in late

Edited by ShakyWalton

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Carrera must be, or they're trying to showcase Lake for a trade.... 100% agree Saunders deserved to have a day off for that reason lol. Barney is the MAN like this guy so much!

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Carrera must be, or they're trying to showcase Lake for a trade.... 100% agree Saunders deserved to have a day off for that reason lol. Barney is the MAN like this guy so much!

yeah,,Barney is a big surprise this year..probably the biggest for a waiver pickup...plus he will be able to play in the playoffs if the Jays get that far,,not like last year....Bats is back on Monday...I guess we will see some shuffling then....and Goins and Colobello around the corner.....trade deadline in less than 2 weeks I can definitely see some moves with the crowded house.