The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Yea Hoffman is in Adv A though. I might have to go see Haris pitch sometime if he's in Vancouver though

He's still a great prospect and could be a big part of the team moving forward. He's working out some kinks after getting TJ. A fastball like his is pretty rare.

It's still fun to go to the Nat and see them play but the team is pretty bad this year. I know a guy on the team from my playing days and he's already frustrated with the season.

anddddd Reyes makes his second error of the game. How do you go wickets on that?!?! He just came up on the ball early, that's a mental mistake. Same thing he did against Chicago.

I love what he can bring offensively but he is not a 22 million dollar shortstop...

As a fellow middle infielder, stuff like that happens. You have games where you just don't want the ball hit to you. Nobody is going to have a 1000% fielding percentage

As a fellow middle infielder, stuff like that happens. You have games where you just don't want the ball hit to you. Nobody is going to have a 1000% fielding percentage

I know that, but he's making $22 million. Off the top of my head I can't think of a higher paid shortstop now that Hanley has moved to LF. And like I said, coming up early on the ball like that is a mental mistake. Players boot ball, bobble a transfer, whatever, but coming up early like that is simply a mental mistake and he's done that twice in a week now. You could make a very strong case for each of those errors losing the Jays those games. His defense has been barely passable for a MLB shortstop this year, let alone one being paid that much and by a team that has ambitions of the playoffs. It's just inexcusable to be making these mistakes, and the fact that he did it twice in a week makes it even worse. He's making a strong case to become a DH.

I know that, but he's making $22 million. Off the top of my head I can't think of a higher paid shortstop now that Hanley has moved to LF. And like I said, coming up early on the ball like that is a mental mistake. Players boot ball, bobble a transfer, whatever, but coming up early like that is simply a mental mistake and he's done that twice in a week now. You could make a very strong case for each of those errors losing the Jays those games. His defense has been barely passable for a MLB shortstop this year, let alone one being paid that much and by a team that has ambitions of the playoffs. It's just inexcusable to be making these mistakes, and the fact that he did it twice in a week makes it even worse. He's making a strong case to become a DH.

2 things,

One single play does not lose a baseball game

Second thing is that what Jose Reyes brings offensively out ways the odd defensive miscue. I'm a Yankee fan and I could tell you that I would gladly trade for him

2 things,

One single play does not lose a baseball game

Second thing is that what Jose Reyes brings offensively out ways the odd defensive miscue. I'm a Yankee fan and I could tell you that I would gladly trade for him

One mistake doesn't necessarily lose a game, but there are mistakes that are a hell of a lot worse than others. Two errors on two routine, routine plays in those situations is inexcusable. There's no other way to cut it. I take it you didn't watch those games but yeah, they kinda did lose the game.

And yeah his offense is great but when you play a defensively premium position like short you've gotta play defense too. If your team is weak defensively down the middle you're not gonna be a very good team. His footwork is the sh*ts, he never has his feet under him. But sadly that wasn't even the case in those two instances, he simply came up early on two routine ground balls. High school level or major league that's just a lapse in focus. You said you play for north shore, so I'm assuming you know john haar. Come up early on a GB and he'll tear you a new one. Field from the ground up. It's simple.

One mistake doesn't necessarily lose a game, but there are mistakes that are a hell of a lot worse than others. Two errors on two routine, routine plays in those situations is inexcusable. There's no other way to cut it. I take it you didn't watch those games but yeah, they kinda did lose the game.

And yeah his offense is great but when you play a defensively premium position like short you've gotta play defense too. If your team is weak defensively down the middle you're not gonna be a very good team. His footwork is the sh*ts, he never has his feet under him. But sadly that wasn't even the case in those two instances, he simply came up early on two routine ground balls. High school level or major league that's just a lapse in focus. You said you play for north shore, so I'm assuming you know john haar. Come up early on a GB and he'll tear you a new one. Field from the ground up. It's simple.

Agreed

pretty much this unless they get some major pitching help..and their bats come around again.

Lucky to even be this close/far from a playoff spot. Put into perspective, that 11 game win streak shouldn't even be counted for. Imagine we got .500 during that time at best (giving the benefit of the doubt for the team average), and we're well away from a playoff spot.

AA just doesn't know to make up his fracken mind. We're not one or the other. Stuck right in the middle. Either make a move and make us a contender or sell some pieces like EE or something. Stop keeping us as pretenders. So frustrating. Like the Canucks the past 3 years but at least they've made some moves and are selling off.

Lucky to even be this close/far from a playoff spot. Put into perspective, that 11 game win streak shouldn't even be counted for. Imagine we got .500 during that time at best (giving the benefit of the doubt for the team average), and we're well away from a playoff spot.

AA just doesn't know to make up his fracken mind. We're not one or the other. Stuck right in the middle. Either make a move and make us a contender or sell some pieces like EE or something. Stop keeping us as pretenders. So frustrating. Like the Canucks the past 3 years but at least they've made some moves and are selling off.

To me, it feels like this is what they've been since Doc left. They gave it a run when they signed Burnett et al and it didn't work. Since then they've been a middling/mediocre team.

The top teams pitching staffs would demolish the jays.Chances are two aces aren't on the way at the deadline,and the prospects the teams want are actually very good.

Heard Shields is linked to the Jays after the allstar game. Crazy and I won't put my hopes up until something happens and is set in stone.

Heard Shields is linked to the Jays after the allstar game. Crazy and I won't put my hopes up until something happens and is set in stone.

Why didn't they sign him in off-season. He ain't coming here, nor is any starters or a closer.

Another write off and waste of a season. What a joke. Can only hope the AA and Gibbons era is over.

Why didn't they sign him in off-season. He ain't coming here, nor is any starters or a closer.

Another write off and waste of a season. What a joke. Can only hope the AA and Gibbons era is over.

Most likely. Don't care what additions they do or don't make in the next little while, bottom line is if the Jays don't make the playoffs, AA failed miserably. How he hasn't given Bautista and the core (old and new) a chance at the postseason is absolutely nuts. Only an idiot wouldn't be able to.

If they don't make it, fracking bet I'll be praying with the rest of Jays supporters to cut AA and Gibbons. Utter failure. Hope new management doesn't write this core completely off and gives them (Bats) 1 more legitimate chance especially for all he's done for this organization. So pathetic.

The only thing that might make sense is a package that brings two aces that are young and under team control for a few years.Even that as lofty as it is would have to be done with positional prospects for the most part because the Jays need to retain young pitching depth.On top of that they would still need a guy that can shut the door in the ninth.Shultz,Osuna,Hoffman,Norris hopefully stick around.