The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts has buyout clause and Gillis may also - Total Payout isn't what has been speculated

J529

I'm not shocked if it is true that both contracts have that clause. It really only makes sense. In fact, I'd be shocked if they didn't have those clauses. Teams can't saddle themselves with a GM or coach they can't afford to get rid of no matter how badly he does at his job.

Hopefully now that he's been named President, Linden can be involved in picking the next GM (and coach if Torts gets fired). Hopefully some fresh eyes will help the owners see what this team actually needs to succeed.

Are you capable of anything but bashing other people? Please quote me on where exactly I said "it is solely only the coach, John Tortorella, for the fall of our organization".

As for coaching, this is an offensive team, so possibly Laviolette. Open to other ideas, Torts just isn't the right fit.

Then quote me on where I "pumped tires". I don't "pump tires". I just call people like you on their ignorant statements.

And lol @ Laviolette. He and Torts are cut from the same cloth. Also, the last two years we weren't actually that offensive. Other teams figured out how to shut us down. We are not even close to the high-scoring team of 2010-11.

Torts = Defensively minded.

Laviolette = Offensively minded.

Two extremes, but I would rather have the latter if we're being led by the Sedins. He will have them back in elite form.

Run and gun style would get killed in the West. Laviolette would be a terrible choice

there were multiply reports out there that kesler wants a trade and ownership didn't want to trade him... also and yeah torts is gonna be next to be fired, why is it our top 6 all had bad years except burrows he was out majority of the year why haven't the sedins played the way they have same goes for kesler? obviously someone should ask the owner during the press conference tomorrow

anyone with 2 eyes can see why the sedins suck now they have all but refused to shoot the puck... and that has nothing to do with torts system.... his system is more shots more traffic.... how many time sinthe last 2 years have us fans been pulling our hair out trying to figure out how hank or daniel didnt pull the trigger when they are in the slot??? or how slow their passing has become on the PP.... both has nothing to do with torts ...

Nonis and now Gillis have been turfed based on one year’s lost playoff revenue,

I'm sick of hearing from media and fans how Gillis was fired for missing the playoffs one time.

He was relieved of his duties based on a trend, for a series of dubious calls, and without any sign things are going up.

All the bad deals, signings, draft picks that fans have been complaining about for years, all played into the downward trend and missing the playoffs is the final straw. If the team fails to make the playoffs under Linden but the organization looks like they're on the way up, he shouldn't fear for his job.

anyone with 2 eyes can see why the sedins suck now they have all but refused to shoot the puck... and that has nothing to do with torts system.... his system is more shots more traffic.... how many time sinthe last 2 years have us fans been pulling our hair out trying to figure out how hank or daniel didnt pull the trigger when they are in the slot??? or how slow their passing has become on the PP.... both has nothing to do with torts ...

So why does Torts over-play them so much. Keep in mind, that Torts over-played our top players early in the season when we were still healthy. We have the worst schedule in the League every season. If he coaches the same way next season, expect similar results. When you see our top players flipping the puck into the corner when normally they would take it to the net, that's the "system". He called up Archibald when we needed an offensive player. He wouldn't try Kassian with the Sedins. He prematurely forced the Luongo deal with his treatment after the Olympics. In a pressure situation you should go with the guy who has been there. He made so many bad decisions this season. Pretending he has no culpability is naive.

I would like to have seen our media-clowns call him on his bullcrap. So does being a pro mean dumping the puck instead of carrying it and changing on time so we can give Kes and the Sedins extended shifts. Playing stiffer etc. He uses cliches too, just different ones than AV. If he's still here next season, it would be nice if the media made him clarify his statements.

So why does Torts over-play them so much. Keep in mind, that Torts over-played our top players early in the season when we were still healthy. We have the worst schedule in the League every season. If he coaches the same way next season, expect similar results. When you see our top players flipping the puck into the corner when normally they would take it to the net, that's the "system". He called up Archibald when we needed an offensive player. He wouldn't try Kassian with the Sedins. He prematurely forced the Luongo deal with his treatment after the Olympics. In a pressure situation you should go with the guy who has been there. He made so many bad decisions this season. Pretending he has no culpability is naive.

I would like to have seen our media-clowns call him on his bullcrap. So does being a pro mean dumping the puck instead of carrying it and changing on time so we can give Kes and the Sedins extended shifts. Playing stiffer etc. He uses cliches too, just different ones than AV. If he's still here next season, it would be nice if the media made him clarify his statements.

Because we don't have anyone else good enough that can take on those minutes without becoming a huge liability. That was on Gillis. Torts was trying to make due with what he has. Seriously, look at our team. The Sedins and Kesler are our only true top six players, and they are surrounded by players who should be playing on the third and fourth lines.

he doesn't deserve anything he hasn't done anything with this team to prove that he deserve another year, the GM said it himself that he's not the coach of this team, the players have shown on the ice they don't want him back, he got Luongo traded outta of here after starting Lack at the hertiage classic which was the start of the downfall of our season, he's showed that he won't be offensive mind of coach, also Kesler wants to be traded because of torts

AV put in Schneider in 3 consecutive games against LA two years ago. HE is the one who got Luongo traded.

Seriously. Think back beyond what happened just a few months ago. It will shed light on so, so many things.

Because we don't have anyone else good enough that can take on those minutes without becoming a huge liability. That was on Gillis. Torts was trying to make due with what he has. Seriously, look at our team. The Sedins and Kesler are our only true top six players, and they are surrounded by players who should be playing on the third and fourth lines.

Torts has never given any one else a chance. Even when our top players were being out-performed by other players he kept giving them top minutes. Your theory falls apart right there. How are our secondary players going to become reliable when they never get the chance to get into the flow af the game. They need experience. To get experience, they need to play more minutes. So, not only is Torts tiring out our top players he is also slowing the development of our bottom end role players.

Torts has never given any one else a chance. Even when our top players were being out-performed by other players he kept giving them top minutes. Your theory falls apart right there. How are our secondary players going to become reliable when they never get the chance to get into the flow af the game. They need experience. To get experience, they need to play more minutes. So, not only is Torts tiring out our top players he is also slowing the development of our bottom end role players.

No, actually my theory doesn't fall apart. They weren't actually being outplayed. Kesler and the Sedins were still the one propping up our offense. Sure, Santorelli was doing great, but he was starting to cool down before he was injured.

No, actually my theory doesn't fall apart. They weren't actually being outplayed. Kesler and the Sedins were still the one propping up our offense. Sure, Santorelli was doing great, but he was starting to cool down before he was injured.

Your sig is beyond creepy. Love it.

CDC loves to treat the players on this team like new born babies who need to be nourished and fondled at all times and can't stand it when a coach like Torts rips into them for their lazy, uninspiring play on the ice. Get over it

No, actually my theory doesn't fall apart. They weren't actually being outplayed.(EVER?) Kesler and the Sedins were still the one propping up our offense. Sure, Santorelli was doing great, but he was starting to cool down before he was injured.

Wow!! Talk about putting the blinders on.

So you're a Torts-lover. Got it.

Wow!! Another compelling arguement. Where do you come up with those.

I'm still waiting for your argument, let alone a compelling one, on how we have players good enough to take on the minutes Kesler and the Sedins had. Just saying so doesn't make it fact.

I'm still waiting for your argument, let alone a compelling one, on how we have players good enough to take on the minutes Kesler and the Sedins had. Just saying so doesn't make it fact.

It's ok for you to "just say" that our top players were never out-performed by anyone else on the team throughout the entire season. You're spewing opinion as if it were fact, then attacking anyone that does not agree with you. You're coming off as very immature.

It's ok for you to "just say" that our top players were never out-performed by anyone else on the team throughout the entire season. You're spewing opinion as if it were fact, then attacking anyone that does not agree with you. You're coming off as very immature.

Funny, considering that is what you did, and you didn't even try to support your argument. Please, tell me who on this team could take the minutes from Sedins and Kesler. You say they are there, but I'm not seeing them, and I actually watched the games.

Archived