The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts has buyout clause and Gillis may also - Total Payout isn't what has been speculated

J529

Funny, considering that is what you did, and you didn't even try to support your argument. Please, tell me who on this team could take the minutes from Sedins and Kesler. You say they are there, but I'm not seeing them, and I actually watched the games.

So, anyone who disagrees with you didn't even watch any games.

Torts overplays his top guys. Most people involved in the game know that. Hockey insiders and people actually involved in the game agree. Yet you think that you know better. You don't!!!!

So, anyone who disagrees with you didn't even watch any games.

Torts overplays his top guys. Most people involved in the game know that. Hockey insiders and people actually involved in the game agree. Yet you think that you know better. You don't!!!!

Jesus Christ, how about trying to pay attention? What part of "we don't have anyone else good enough to take those minutes" do you not understand? And tell me who could relieve them of those minutes. I'm still waiting for an answer buddy. Oh, right, you don't have one.

Jesus Christ, how about trying to pay attention? What part of "we don't have anyone else good enough to take those minutes" do you not understand? And tell me who could relieve them of those minutes. I'm still waiting for an answer buddy. Oh, right, you don't have one.

Maybe you should pay attention.I answered that question earlier. My opinion is that almost any of our players could have been given more minutes. Had Torts given our bottom end players more time earlier in the season, they would have been better equipped to take on more minutes later in the season. Do you comprehend that?

Torts didn't create this problem genius. Maybe use your head and think about it. Two embarrassing first round exits weren't a problem? Not being able to score since the finals isn't a problem? He is suffering from the same problem AV suffered from: a stale core. If you bothered watching the games, you'd realize this team as it is not up to snuff. But, apparently you think this team can compete. So, buddy, which coach can make this stale core not so stale anymore?

you-lack-discipline.jpg

One season under a new coach shouldn't warrant a firing. Especially with all the injuries we've had this year. We never had a chance to ice a full healthy lineup. We don't want to become the next Oilers firing coaches left and right

Maybe you should ask yourself ..Why have we had all these injuries...?....When your top players are going down from shot blocking on the PK..JT has not deployed his players properly IMO

Get rid of Torts. I liked him until it was exposed that he spends the absolute minimum amount of time at the rink as is professionally possible. The MINIMUM, then he is out of there heading back to his house in Point Roberts. That is not what we need from a coach. Bad message to the players.......I want you to give everything you have to give , while I give the least that my contract stipulates.

Dump him.

Maybe you should ask yourself ..Why have we had all these injuries...?....When your top players are going down from shot blocking on the PK..JT has not deployed his players properly IMO

Injuries happen all the time, shot blocking or not. Just so happens that Torts preaches on shot blocking and that's where we all blame him on because of these injuries. You can't prevent injuries, they're going to happen.

Henrik, Daniel and Burrows didn't get injured from shot blocking

Torts = Defensively minded.

Laviolette = Offensively minded.

Two extremes, but I would rather have the latter if we're being led by the Sedins. He will have them back in elite form.

I dont want either, but I rather have exciting hockey and lose, then boring defensive and lose anyways.

Torts has won a Cup with Tampa'... I wonder how he has done it ?!

At least give him another year, we'll see then.

It was so long ago, does past success guarantee future success? No. How was he doing with the Rangers last season? This whole season is obviously not only his fault, but there are a lot of reasons to let him go. Boring style of play isn't keeping fans interested, if the fans aren't interested, then obviously they don't go, and that is a big problem. He openly admitted he doesn't bother with the PP, if he did then just a few more goals here and there could have had us in the playoffs. The Sedins have been purely offensive their entire careers, and been highly successful for the vast majority of that time. Now he's got them changing their style in their 30's and lo and behold, they are having their worst season in years like the rest of the veterans on the team. Sure injuries play a factor but that's only part of it. It's time for someone new to come in with the new management.

Torts has won a Cup with Tampa'... I wonder how he has done it ?!

At least give him another year, we'll see then.

even ignoring the fact that the cup win was a decade ago and he's accomplished absolutely nothing since, by tortorella's own admission, the only reason they won the cup was because none of them had any idea what they were doing.

even ignoring the fact that the cup win was a decade ago and he's accomplished absolutely nothing since, by tortorella's own admission, the only reason they won the cup was because none of them had any idea what they were doing.

That's called modesty. Look it up. You have to be at least a competent coach to win a cup. You don't just wing it like that.

Something is really bugging me recently is how the media has created a narrative that Torts storming into the Flames locker room back at January was an embarrassment to the team.

I call total BS on this. During that time sure there were detractors but the media (including the ones in NBC) were 50/50 on Torts actions. Some said Torts was out of line others said he was just trying to stick of his team. Yeah even us here said he was doing something AV would never do and there was nothing wrong with sticking up for your team.

Let's put it this way if The Canucks were in the Playoffs people would be saying Torts actions was necessary because he needed to show other teams that The Canucks are willing to stand up for themselves. Now just because the team is out of playoff contention it's become a "bad thing" that he did and showed how dysfunctional the team is.

Archived