The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADSF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (3) Montreal Canadiens

Who will win the series?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't know why people are complaining that much about the disallowed goal. Both Kerry Fraser and Ron Mclean said that based on the wording of the rule it was a legit call. So it's not that of a big deal as it was the right call.

Who gives a ...about what two retired referees are saying.

Plus disallowed goals have benefited the Bolts in Playoff hockey before. So it happens

Since they benefited from something in the past it's okay for to screw them now?

Shouldn't happen ever. Cost them the game. Could very well have cost them the series. 2-1 series could go either way. 3-0 it's over.

Plus they got screwed vs Boston in 2011 as well.

Ref made the right call according to the rule book. Don't know why you guys are all up in arms over it.

tired of hearing this. quote the exact rule here now please.

not saying your wrong just want to see how it differs from howni interpret it.

oh you mean to tell me fraser ansd mclean think it was the right call?

why dont you call denis savard and ask what he thinks of Keith's antics. I bet you I know his answer.

I liked Friedman's breakdown though The rule should be changed, but as the rules stand, I agree with the call. It was definitely borderline though. It's a real slippery slope when the league takes liberties with the rulebook in the name of common sense. Just ask Sabres fans what they think of Brett Hull's foot in the crease goal (which shouldn't have counted at the time).

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease -

If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the goal crease, and this results in an impairment of the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

tired of hearing this. quote the exact rule here now please.

not saying your wrong just want to see how it differs from howni interpret it.

If anything don't get mad at the refs for making the call get mad at the league. When I first saw it I thought it was a bad call, but Kerry Fraser tweeted out that the right call was made. I know he is retired and all, but I'm pretty sure he has a better understanding of the rules then the rest of us do.

Correct call on disallowed goal! 69.3if goalkeeper in act of establishing his position within crease, initiates contact with an attacking

Player who is in the goal crease & this results with impairment of goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal, the goal will be disallowed.

Carey Price knows this rule & works it to his advantage better than any goalie in the league. It's the rule & I will not debate it further!

Price hit the guy in the crease so it makes sense. Killorn also put price to side of his net and if you look at it from the refs prespective this is already goaltender interference. So two reasons the goal shouldnt count but only one that is made which is right since price somehow recovered.

If anything don't get mad at the refs for making the call get mad at the league. When I first saw it I thought it was a bad call, but Kerry Fraser tweeted out that the right call was made. I know he is retired and all, but I'm pretty sure he has a better understanding of the rules then the rest of us do.

I think the rule would benefit from tweaking to allow for some basic common sense. However, I don't trust the league officials to be capable of making the correct decision so it's probably best left as is.

its similar to that disallowed goal against Dallas with Vancouver in that the refs told a confusing reason for disallowing the goal but made the right call. In fact its exactly the same in that lethonin initiated contact which is why the goal was disallowed.

I guess if your a goalie and someones in your goal crease and you bump into him then a goal goes in then it is in a way goaltender interference but fans have trouble understanding that unless they actually play goalie.

Bottom line. The right call was made.

Just got back from work, and saw Stamkos get hit and kneed.

I liked Montreal yesterday, but doing that to Stamkos made me lose 100% of respect to Emelin, and a chunk from the team. And seriously Canadien fans? Booing the injury?

Classless.

Just got back from work, and saw Stamkos get hit and kneed.

I liked Montreal yesterday, but doing that to Stamkos made me lose 100% of respect to Emelin, and a chunk from the team. And seriously Canadien fans? Booing the injury?

Classless.

Are you serious? The knee was totally accidental, he was trying to avoid Stamkos.

Archived