The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (2) San Jose Sharks vs (3) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Woahhh total domination eh

San Jose used to be like us - dominant in regular season, bust in playoffs, aging core. But they did a way better job of drafting and developing their young players. Guys like Pavelski and Couture make it possible for them to transition easily away from Boyle, Marleau, and Thornton and into the new era when this core is ready to hang em up

Solid day of hockey watching 4 great games one after the next. That was fun!

Woahhh total domination eh

Sharks have been better. The physical play opens everything up but the Kings will be better at home. This is the deepest team I can remember the Sharks having, Kennedy and Havlat can't even get in. Kings now have to beat San Jose 4 out of 5, tough chore ahead for them.

Guest Dasein

You think this creates a goalie controversy for LA? Martin Jones not a bad alternative.

This is exactly the problem we had with Luongo and Schneider in 2011. The truth is, Jones would not have fared any better, yet there will be LA fans calling for him to start. LA needs to stick with Quick. He's the proven veteran with experience and if they're going out, they better go out with their man in net.

Good point. Remember, LA lost twice to St. Louis in the first round before that series turned around. Of course, those games weren't as decisive as these ones have been.

I would say that's indicative of the STL vs CHI series more than the LAK vs SJS series, since STL has won 2 close games at home and now swing to the house of the champions. SJS beating LA in such a decisive manner tells me they will pull out at least one in LA to finish in 5 at the latest.

i bet the kings win both in their building

Based on what, your guts? Please do not gamble. SJS matches LAK pound for pound, but LAK cannot match SJS in speed nor skill. Barring a poor performance from Niemi, SJS will take at least one.

Torres is the spark SJ needed for playoffs ;)

Getting Hertl and Torres back was huge for this team - so much speed with this group. Torres changes this team. Everyone has more room out there because of him. That line changed the tone once again with a series of hits near the start of the second period. Pretty soon, Brown scored and the Sharks were off and running.

This is exactly the problem we had with Luongo and Schneider in 2011. The truth is, Jones would not have fared any better, yet there will be LA fans calling for him to start. LA needs to stick with Quick. He's the proven veteran with experience and if they're going out, they better go out with their man in net.

I agree Quick stays in. I know it'll be a different Kings team in LA, I wouldn't be shocked if this series is 2-2 by end of week. Kings are a veteran team, they've comeback from 2-0 as recent as last year. Sharks can not let up. Now, if the situation was reversed and Niemi had lost two straight like that, I think McLellan wouldn't hesitate to put Stalock in. But I think Darryl will stand by his guy that won him a Cup.

Torres sure looks like an impact player now. Now, I'm even more convinced that, we would have been able to beat LA with him in the lineup... at least we would have won one of games 1, 2, or 3 to make it 2-2 at the end of game 4.

You think this creates a goalie controversy for LA? Martin Jones not a bad alternative.

Not a chance, Quick is their guy, and has earned the right to have a few bad games. It is so hard to be consistent as a goalie for that long especially in the playoffs. I don't think Quick will ever have the performance he did in 2012 again.

It would be a huge slap in his face if he doesn't start next game and beyond to finish the series, win or lose.

Archived