The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

I shake my head at your posts more and more sometimes.

The immediate decline and drop off of the pp and scoring is directly attributed to the loss of our puck mover in Ehrhoff. Not because all of a sudden all of our forwards forgot how to score. We have a glut of 20+ goal scoring or potential players. Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Higgins, Kassian, Hansen, Matthias and possibly Jensen or any other call ups.

But the one thing we don't have....

We have no Keith comparable puck moving blue line stud. Our blue line is getting older with NO replacements of the calibre we need moving forward.

Pouliot/Bennett and a 1st is a solid haul. And again, Stastny, Spezza and more....the Ducks have a MUCH deeper pool of centers to play with than Kesler who will be horribly over priced.

Seriously, everyone needs to get their crap together and give their heads a shake. The Ducks kicked tires on kesler, period. Doesn't mean they'll be prepared to gut their depth to get him because the Canucks will ask for it all when they have so many better options available.

29 other teams in the league the Ducks can play with, the Canucks have 29 other teams to play with. kesler could go anywhere if he gets traded.

Back to the matter at hand, Trotz would be a great coach to pick up in the event of a Pitts trade and a Maata or Pouliot coming back. Don't kid yourself. We need that Norris calibre blue liner, Trotz could turn Pouliot or Maata into a Norris calibre Dman, he could also work wonders with Cederholm (pouliots pairing in Portland) Stanton, Tanev and Corrado.

Love to see Trotz make the team

Theres a huge difference between Pouliot and Bennett in my opinion. Pouliot is much more valuable. But otherwise i agree with you.

I always hated games against the Predators. So boring. If Trotz is hired you can count me out. Again.

What was he supposed to do with the teams he had?His GM gave him certain pieces and most of them were Dmen. When he had the pieces(Forsberg ect) his teams played well.

Your post is brainless. Radulov is the biggest flake. He even hit his own coach in the face with his stick in Russia.

Lol. The guy came back to Nashville after playing in Russia for some time. He played 17 games in the NHL before he went back to the KHL and CSKA Moscow. Under this short period of time in Nashville, Trotz had him out of the line-up 2 times. Why do you think he went back to the NHL if he didn't want to play there? Maybe he didn't have dedication for the team, but even a freaking idiot would realize that Radulov went back to Russia because of Trotz. Trotz sitting him out twice obviously had major influence on his decision to go back to the KHL. Radulov being spoiled or not is a completely different story.

Lol. The guy came back to Nashville after playing in Russia for some time. He played 17 games in the NHL before he went back to the KHL and CSKA Moscow. Under this short period of time in Nashville, Trotz had him out of the line-up 2 times. Why do you think he went back to the NHL if he didn't want to play there? Maybe he didn't have dedication for the team, but even a freaking idiot would realize that Radulov went back to Russia because of Trotz. Trotz sitting him out twice obviously had major influence on his decision to go back to the KHL. Radulov being spoiled or not is a completely different story.

Blaming Trotz for benching a guy twice, cause he is a spoiled flake who doesnt care about the team? Youtube the video of Radulov hitting his own coach. Shows you what kind of guy he is.

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Jim Benning has agreed to a multi-year deal as Canucks gm and will be officially introduced in Vancouver on Friday.

No reason not to believe it, but Murph did tweet just prior about Benning and it almost sounded based of his tweets.

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph

With NHL games tonight + tomorrow expect the #canucks to announce Jim Benning as the team's new General Manager Friday.

Barry Trotz may be a candidate for the #canucks vacant coaching job but my sources say no one has been interviewed for the position yet.

When Jim Benning is in place as #canucks GM the search for a new head coach will begin in earnest.

Pretty much expected though, and we'll see what happens around a coach from there.

Added a little to my post above.

GM Jim Benning...Kind of rolls off the tongue nicely.

GMJB isn't quite as easy as GMMG or GMGM, but we've already moved on from one of those and I don't want the other that much, so GMJB it is.

I know the "new Canucks" haven't played a game yet, however thus far as a fan I feel re-energized. Linden got his guy, and Benning knows his stuff. Lots of work still to do though, however I already feel the Canucks are in a better place then they were this time last year. (That being said, the funny thing is Gillis probably had his best draft year as GM last year)

Archived