The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ryan Smyth 5 Canucks 2

The Stork

Does Lack or Markstrom get the go ahead?.. I'd like to see Markstrom get back in there

Pretty sure they had already pencilled Markstrom in for the remainder of the season, once the 'Nucks were eliminated from postseason contention...

Was hoping for more from the big Swede this year, but a +/- 38 in 62 games does not bode well for him or the team. Been a tough year for the big fella.

Hope he gets it together, where ever that may be, here or else where.

I know it's the "in" thing on CDC to say that Edler is "garbage" and "should be traded for a bag of pucks" or bought out, but I think he has a good chance to bounce back, especially if a new coach is brought in.

People like to ignore it, but the fact is, Edler faces the toughest Qualcomp of the Canucks' D and outside of that horrible +/-, he has decent underlying numbers.

This season has been a write-off for pretty much the entire team. Almost none of the players will be happy with the season they've had. Edler is just the CDC poster boy, because as we all know, Canuck fans are not happy unless they have someone to focus their anger on.

People can call me delusional all they want. That's exactly what they did when I was defending Bieksa, Raymond and caoch AV.

Edler will be back...

Apr1214_info.jpg

that tweet sums up vancouver fans. when a team of midgets start trying to crosscheck your guys - REGARDLESS of if Edler flattened smyth for no reason - you stick up for your team. what clever one liner would we have if everyone stood around and let a bunch of midgets cross check edler?

I know it's the "in" thing on CDC to say that Edler is "garbage" and "should be traded for a bag of pucks" or bought out, but I think he has a good chance to bounce back, especially if a new coach is brought in.

People like to ignore it, but the fact is, Edler faces the toughest Qualcomp of the Canucks' D and outside of that horrible +/-, he has decent underlying numbers.

This season has been a write-off for pretty much the entire team. Almost none of the players will be happy with the season they've had. Edler is just the CDC poster boy, because as we all know, Canuck fans are not happy unless they have someone to focus their anger on.

People can call me delusional all they want. That's exactly what they did when I was defending Bieksa, Raymond and caoch AV.

Edler will be back...

I agree and I think Torts said something similar earlier in the season. He said he believed there was "more there" in regards to Edler.

I believe that the forwards struggling with offensive numbers put more of an emphasis on pinching the d-men more and more to help out with goal scoring, thus leaving the d-men more vulnerable to odd man rushes and being caught out of position.

Been a crazy weekend so just getting to this now, but I just wanted to say that I was so thrilled at what the Canucks did. I was wondering if they might, especially now with Trevor back at the helm of the team. The Flames did it for him and I thought there was something very symbolic of his team now doing it for someone equally classy.

The Canucks are a hated team and it's not all undeserved hate. It's going to take some time to shed that reputation but a gesture like this one goes a long way

It's been awhile since I said I was proud to be a Canucks fan, but I could definitely say that last night. Good job team!

Archived